Chapter 4

~Narrator's P.O.V~

-Oh hoho, this is so much fun!-

It had been weeks since the clown had arrived at his victim's house. He loved tormenting her, watching her check every room before going to bed, locking the door to the bathroom like that would do anything.

Laughing Jack enjoyed watching her wake in her sleep from another nightmare seeing her struggle to stay awake. Her efforts to try and fight his wonderful gifts. She was currently sitting in the living room, hugging her knees tight to her chest and with dark circles under her eyes.

He watched from the darkest corner of the room, seeing her shift slightly and look around. He knew that she knew he was watching her, and it was funny when she tried to find him. A good old game of hide and seek that never ended.

He let out a giggle as she stood, walking into the kitchen. In the time that he had been here, tormenting her, he had learnt that she has a real sweet tooth, candy was obviously her favourite thing. Which was just tip-top perfect for him.

He followed her into the kitchen, watching as her (e/c) eyes darted around, sensing his presence. She tried to ignore him most of the time, hoping that he'd get bored and leave. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

Right now it wasn't working, she was too tired to hide her paranoia. He let out another giggle in glee as one of his many ghost children floated into the kitchen, giving the human a fright.

You'd think she would have gotten used to it by now, but clearly dead children were just too scary for her.

-Good- Laughing Jack thought to himself, -At least that way I can still scare her~!-

The human had just grabbed a candy cane, walking back into the living room. He happily followed her, watching as she slumped back into the couch.

"Go away..." She mumbled tiredly, glaring around the room.

"Why would I want to do that?" The clown asked from behind her, standing over the exhausted form, "I'm having so much fun~!"

"Yes, because nightmares, being watched and dead floating children are fun..." She huffed.

He frowned slightly, she seemed more annoyed than scared now. She had her arms crossed, staring forward as if ignoring him. Did she know he was behind her? He pouted, time to spark some fear back into this girl's eyes...

With that, he was no longer in the human's home, but now in an old, run down carnival. He hummed to himself quietly, looking rather displeased as he walked through his home. The faded stalls he walked past stretched to his height, many were ripped or stained with a dark red. Some had no cloth covering them at all, and others had so much cloth, you couldn't see into it. There was no end to the stalls either, they just went on and on.

Most of these stalls had toys hanging from nooses, with black sockets for eyes and a dark ooze falling down their faces. The toys seemed to be watching the clown walk through the supposedly fun ally, small cries coming from them in a sort of creepy melody.

The clown began to smile to himself, his humming becoming louder. The toys were speaking to him, telling stories of their past lives, screaming. It was beautiful.

However, there were some that were silent, not watching him as he walked past. These ones had normal buttons for eyes, toys that had yet to house another sad soul. He smiled at the thought of having all these toys singing.

And one of them would have the girl's voice of sorrow.

"Perfect!" He jumped slightly, giggling, "Oh she'll sing the sweetest song for sure!"