Chapter 9

~Narrator's P.O.V~

Laughing Jack had been watching (Y/N) since she woke up, making sure she was okay. Although he never understood why, he felt like helping the human, even going as far as healing her wound.

-It's just so I can kill her faster...- He told himself, ignoring the doubt that wanted to cloud his mind, -It's just the excitement, another show co-staring the same person-

That's what he continued to tell himself, refusing to think of any other reason in wanting to help her. He was also tired, in pain from the fight with that asshole Slenderman. His body was aching, slowly healing, and he hated Slenderman for being a similar being.

Only cosmic entities could harm him. And yet Slender walked away without a scratch, even though the clown had ripped through him countless times.

He pouted and crossed his arms, watching as the female answered the phone. He had been in a very foul mood lately, and he only had one clue why.

This girl's loneliness brought back terrible memories. Her home felt like a box, a similar box to his own, and it was just as suffocating, if not more.

"Okay okay, his name is Jack. And I never said I liked him."

The clown looked up at the mention of his name. He tilted his head as (Y/N) stopped herself from laughing, a tinge of pink on her cheeks. What did she mean she never said she liked him? Did her mother ask?

-Of course she likes me, I'm wonderful!- He giggled to himself, before he continued to listen. However the rest of the conversation went by with little words from the female. Now bored, the clown watched as the girl walked into the kitchen, rummaging through the cupboard.

She mumbled something about the police and wanting to starve.

-Maybe she's out of food?- The clown thought. Though not much good he can do. He frowned, before dropping some candies onto the floor. The girl noticed them straight away and walked over, scooping them into her arms.

Laughing Jack smiled to himself and walked into the kitchen. He watched her put them away, feeling a pang through his stomach. He growled to himself, shaking his head.

-This will be less confusing when she is dead...- He growled to himself, before focusing on the girl. Now visible to the naked eye, he reached for her.

(Y/N) turned at that moment and let out a scream, causing him to flinch. He watched as she grabbed a knife and sunk it into his stomach. To his surprise, a painful burn went through his stomach and he yelped, stumbling back.

He landed with a groan and held his head, which had struck the table. The world was spinning. He saw the human then jump over him, grabbing the knife and raising it above her head. Jack tried to get up, but the knife was stabbed into his chest, hitting another weak point.

He snarled and pushed her off, sending her into the wall. Shaking slightly, he used a clawed hand to pull the knife from his chest, now once again bleeding black ooze. (Y/N) was quick to jump to her feet again, holding her fists up.

But at the sight of the clown shaking, watching him drop the knife, she lowered her defence. He stumbled back slightly, before leaning against the table. Why was the room still spinning? He groaned and held his head, feeling a large bump.

The room was silent for a few moments, before the female's voice piped up.

"Are... Are you okay...?" The clown froze and looked up at her, the girl having a confused gaze on her face, "You're actually hurt..."