Chapter 5

~Your P.O.V~

"Gah!" You sat up, panting. Another nightmare. Why did he have to do this to you? You groaned and held your head, it was already pounding from the sleep deprivation. How much more could you handle before you finally snapped?

Something dripped onto your head, and you froze, your breath caught in your throat. What horrid surprise had he left you to find this time?

Since the first body was found outside your house, many had appeared as well, be it small animals, family pets or children. He was torturing you, your mentality, and your emotional state. You had no clue how long it would be before you lost it.

But you felt like it would be soon.

Your stomach let out a loud growl, but you didn't dare move, still feeling the thick liquid dripping onto your forehead.

Now and then the clown made an appearance, you weren't sure why. He did all of his scaring when he wasn't visible, whenever you saw him it just irritated you. You could handle facing him, but not the torment he would put you through when he wasn't there.

"Wakey wakey Lollipop~" You heard his raspy voice in the darkness, and you sighed.

-Great. He's here... No point in fighting the inevitable-

Reaching over, you flicked on the bedside lamp, before raising your gaze to the roof. Another family pet, a dog. If you weren't mistaken, it could have been a Golden Labrador, but you weren't entirely sure, it was a mess.

Your stomach churned at the sight of the poor dog, but there was no other reaction. You had seen it before. You just felt sympathy for the poor creature, and disgust at the clown for being so vile towards an innocent animal. And why? Just to try and get a rise out of you.

You could hear him giggle from the other side of the room, clearly thinking you were phased by the disgusting view. Well, you had lost your appetite, but that was about it.

Also, you really wanted to punch him in the face.

Sleepiness does that to you.

"Like the gift?" The clown, who had told you was called Laughing Jack, stepped forward, "I thought a pet would be nice, since you don't have any."

You rolled your eyes and stood, stretching. Well, you were awake for the day anyway, so you may as well get up. Nightmares were horrible.

Giving a yawn, you walked out of the room, not even giving the limp pup another glance. Laughing Jack followed you, still giggling. The giggle you heard in your nightmares, the giggle you wanted to end.

However, after multiple stabbings, you had learnt it wouldn't go away.

And the clown was never phased by your attacks, seemingly never even feeling it.

You were still figuring out what he is, since he hadn't told you. And you didn't expect him to, nor want to know what he really was.

He bounced in front of you, giggling happily as he saw the blood splattered in your hair and face. To him it was all a game, and you knew once he was bored he'd kill you.

Well bring it on stripy bitch. You aren't going down without a fight.

Walking into the kitchen, you started boiling the kettle. It was starting to get cool during the nights, so a hot chocolate sounded wonderful. Plus, the sugar would be good for your low blood sugar problem.

Laughing Jack chuckled, before sitting on your bench and kicking his feet, "Sleep well~?"

"Take a guess.." You grumbled, pouring your warm drink.