Chapter 18

A/N: OMG SO SORRY IT IS SO LATE I HAD WORK LIKE ALLLLL DAY AND I JUST REMEMBERED BECAUSE SOMEONE COMMENTED THAT THEY WANTED MORE AND I WAS LIKE *SCREEEEEEEE*
Anyway here is the next chapter! Enjoy...

~Narrator's P.O.V~

The fire looked like it was touching the sky, that's how large the flames were. Laughing Jack stood a little ways down the street, his box tucked firmly under his arm. (Y/N)'s house sat surrounded by large bright fire engines, an ambulance van and about three police cars.

The house was completely engulfed in flames, smoke billowed out into the clear sky, disappearing into the distance. Firefighters tried desperately to get the flames under control.

All Laughing Jack could do was hope that (Y/N) wasn't in the house. He'd never forgive himself if she was. And if she wasn't home, how could he explain what happened? And where could she live now?

With a quick huff, he wondered if she'd join him or if she would mind living at his carnival. No, definitely not. She'd be killed on the first day or go mad.

Suddenly, another white van pulled up across the street, and a bunch of camera-men poured from the back, hurrying to get their cameras set up. A lady hopped out from the front of the van and walked over to the house, starting up a conversation with one of the police officers.

Done with watching the scene, the clown decided to start looking for his human friend, hoping he'd be able to find her and explain what happened before she sees the mess her house is in and has a stroke. Nodding to himself, he disappeared, walking through his carnival.

The first place he should look is the candy shop (Y/N) likes to visit. So, walking through one of the many stalls, he appears in front of the elderly shop, cocking a brow at the dusty windows.

-(Y/N) actually likes this place...?- He scoffed to himself, before walking inside. An elderly man sat behind a counter, looking down at a newspaper in confusion while he chewed on some taffy. Jack was surprised the old man still had teeth, as most of his hair was gone, and running a candy store was sure to rot your mouth out.

He quickly turned his gaze from the confused man and looked around the store, two kids stood huddled around a candy machine, giggling and stuffing their pockets full of the delicious sweets that filled the store.

"Stealing brats..." The clown growled, before pushing the candy dispenser over, causing it to crash to the ground. The kids looked up, eyes wide at the tall clown and frozen in place. He let out an evil smirk, crouching down to them, "I hope you're paying for all those sweets... Otherwise you'll lose an arm, or a leg."

"Hey. What's going on over there?" The other man looked up from his counter, before heading towards the kids. The two were frozen, shaking in fear as they stared at the clown and the older man scowled at them, his hands on his hips, "You better pay for all that candy. It will be no good otherwise."

The stammered, before pulling the treats from their pockets and dropping them to the floor, before shoving past the man and out of the store. The guy shook his head, before leaning down and picking up the sweets, mumbling about the disrespect children had these days.

Laughing Jack watched him, before walking out of the store. (Y/N) clearly wasn't there, or she would have helped that man. He frowned and rubbed his head, the thought of having to search the whole town sounded tiring. Where could she be?

A thought popped into his head. What if Slenderman kidnapped her again?

He growled, before travelling through his carnival and appearing in front of Slenderman's large mansion. Actually, it just looked like a run-down two-storey house on the outside. Aged and looking abandoned, surrounded by trees and forest.

However, when the clown walked inside, the house seemed to expand, the entrance was rather roomy, and the house was decked with red velvet carpets and red and gold wallpapers. The two sets of stairs that met in the middle lead to the next storey, which wrapped around the open area with halls that lead to nowhere.

Jack walked through the sets of stairs and through the large mahogany coloured double doors, storming into a well decorated office. Slenderman stood to the side, going through his many different books that sat along the wall.

"This better be good Laughing Jack, I was about to start reading." He stated, not even facing the clown.

"Where is she." Jack growled, walking over to the other tall being.

"If you are referring to your human, I haven't seen her since you took her from my Proxies." The celestial being faced the other, his appearance suggesting he was bored.

"Bullshit. Where else could she be?" The clown asked.

"How should I know? I am not a human, I have no idea how they spend their time." Slenderman said, "Now if you are done accusing me, could you please close the doors on the way out. I would like some privacy while I read."

Laughing Jack growled again, running his claws through his hair, "So you didn't take her?"

"I have no reason to. When I did before, that was to teach you a lesson." The faceless being plucked a book from the shelf, before walking to his desk, "I'd assume you learnt your lesson, so I have no reason to kidnap your human again."

"Lesson..?"

"Do not fight me in my own territory, and do not take my victims."

"She was my victim first!"

"And yet here you are, trying to find her. Assuming she was in my hands, and in danger. She is not your victim anymore. That is clear."

"So what is stopping you from taking her again and killing her?"

The pale man turned his head to the clown, "I do not have a reason to take her. She is not my victim, and she will not be anyone else's while you are protecting her."

Jack rubbed his chin, "She's under my protection until I say so then?"

"Yes. But I doubt you will not stop protecting her. If and when you do find her, bring her here. I will need to make sure no one else here harms her." Slenderman said, flipping his book open, "Since her house also burnt down, she may also stay here if need be."

"How did you know about that?"

"Tobias and Jeff are watching TV. I overheard it." He stated, turning back to the book, "If you need Tobias' help in finding your human, I grant him permission to aid you."

"Right... Well thanks I guess..." Jack sighed, before walking out of the room.

The faceless man nodded, before lowering his head to his book, "And Laughing Jack..."

The clown turned back, raising a brow.

"If she decides to stay here, she will need to become a Creepypasta. Only then will she be truly safe from everyone else. I can only do so much to protect her, and only my Proxies will follow direct orders. The others may not listen."

A/N: So this is just my view on Slenderman and his mansion. Also I feel like there was a bit more to it but... I can't remember... It just seems to cut off but I can't remember if I did that purposefully or not... ALSO, does this make sense? What Slender says? And the description of the mansion? I hope so... I am no goods with the wordings.
Haven Out!!!