Maedhros- Nightmare

It started ever since he had returned home from Angband. Every night your love, Maedhros, woke up screaming and crying.

Tonight was no different. Maedhros clutched the duvet cover, tossing and turning. The movements aroused you from your sleep. You turn over to see him in his terrible state.

"Maedhros, wake up. Maedhros," you whisper gently brushing his short red hair. The elven lord didn't respond. You continue to stroke his hair until he sits up, panting and looking around.

He glances over at you to see if you're still there, which of course you were. You would never leave him, especially now.

The lord reaches his left hand out and gently touches your cheek. "You're here."

You nod and kiss the palm of his hand that cupped your face. "I am. You know you can't get rid of me that easily."

Maedhros let out a slight chuckle, but there was no evidence of joy in it.

Your e/c eyes soften as you open your arms to him. Maedhros doesn't hesitate before his head is on your chest, listening to your heartbeat. It was the only thing that would make him calm down.

You wrap your arms around his head, stroking his hair with one hand, while the other went to the back of his neck. You could feel him physically relax as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

Maedhros was never this affectionate in public. There, he was an elven lord who was hard to read, expressionless, and incredibly stubborn. But in private, he was a totally different elf. He was more passionate, talkative, loving, but still stubborn.

You hummed a quiet song from your days in Valinor before you left. Maedhros had always loved to hear you sing. It was one of the things he first fell in love with.

The song ended, but you still continued to stroke his hair.

"Whatever you went through while you were there, put it in the back of your mind. Im here for you, melamin. Always and forever," you whisper into his pointed ear.

The rusty red headed elf looked up at you. "I know."