Thraundil/ Legolas- Go to sleep

A/n: requested by ShadowsingerCat who is just fabulous! I adored this idea, hope you enjoy Mellon nin! And happy birthday too!

You tossed and turned over in your bed. The light from the hallway outside crept in under the door to your chamber, illuminating the room a little.

You slowly sit up and rub your e/c eyes. You pull your stuffed elk to your chest, and get out of bed. The giant door was too heavy for you to pull, but you tried anyway.

After a few minutes, and the door not opening, you move onto to the next best thing: scream for either your older brother, Legolas, or your father, Thranduil. Well, they were your adopted family. Legolas had found you out in the forest and brought you back to Thranduil. Ever since then, the elven King had adopted you as his daughter.

"ADA! LEGOLAS," you screamed at the top of your lungs.

The sound of feet running up the halls filled your little pointed ears. The elven King and Prince stood in your doorway, both panting hard.

"Y/n, what is it? Are you hurt," your father says, frantically looking over your small figure. Legolas had his knives out, ready to pounce on anyone or anything in your room.

"No sleep, Ada."

Thranduil and Legolas exchanged glances. You looked at them with your big innocent eyes. Thranduil's blue eyes soften and he motioned for you to come closer to him.

You toddle over to him, holding your little arms up for him to pick you up. The old elf sweeps you off the ground, and carries you back to your bed.

"Legolas read story?"

The prince looks at his father, then to you. "If you would like me too."

"Yay!"

You clap your small hands as Legolas reaches for the storybook on your shelf. Once the elf prince had settled down on the bed next to you, you lean your h/c head on Thranduil's arm as Legolas begins to read.

A few moments later, you had fallen asleep. The Ellons kiss your forehead and whispered goodnight before leaving.

Over the next few years, you still continued to struggle with falling asleep. A company of dwarves had been captured in your father's forest, and now held in the Mirkwood dungeons.

Having another night of not being able to sleep, you decide to go for a walk. This time, you're able to open the stubborn door that forbid you to leave your chambers during the night.

You clutch your elk to your chest and walk down the halls. Since it was so late, not many elves were out.

You round a corner and yawn. "Time to go back."

Unfortunately, you had wandered far from your chambers, and sleep was definitely calling your name. You stumble through the palace trying to find your way back. Eventually, you find yourself in the dungeons.

You raise an eyebrow and look around. There were dwarves in the cells everywhere you look! You whimper and back up against the wall.

Thranduil had told you that the dwarves were a selfish and greedy race, and they don't like elves. Now, here you were. Surrounded by this race that was told to you as a scary story.

You close your eyes tightly and hold the stuffed elk closer to you. Tears rolled down your cheeks, as you silently prayed to the Valar that Legolas or Ada would save you.