Fëanorians- Overprotective

A/n: requested by the wonderful and fabulous ShadowsingerCat. Get ready Silmarillion fandom, the Fëanorians are taking over this chapter!!

Being the only daughter of Fëanor had its ups and downs. On the upside, you had overprotective brothers who looked out for you. On the downside, you had overprotective brothers who looked out for you.

"Don't you think you're being a little over dramatic, Ada?"

"You have heard my word on the subject. Now please, leave it be, Y/n," your father stated as he poured himself another glass of wine.

You huff and walk out of the room. You curse yourself for having an over protective family. You couldn't do ANYTHING without them griping about it. Whether it was a new dress that showed to much cleavage, or a new suitor, your family always ruined everything for you.

Maedhros was walking down the hall when you ran into him. "Little sister, what's got you so worked up."

You roll your e/c eyes when he attempts to ruffle your hair. "Ada. He's basically forbidden me to become a scout for the army."

Maitimo's amused face turned serious. "He's right. You don't need to see the horrors of war, Y/n."

You groan and cover your face. "Not you too."

Maedhros leaned his arm on top of your head, something he knew you hated. "Y/n, you are safer here where no one will harm you. Why don't you spend more like with Maglor and learn an instrument?"

You roll your eyes. All you wanted to do was prove yourself to your family, especially your father. Your older brother, Celegorm, was the only one who tried to convince them that you could take care of yourself.

"Have you talked to Ada about it," the elf asked as you threw a dagger at one of the targets.

Whenever you were stressed, the training grounds was were you could be found. Your brothers all taught you how to use a weapon just in case, and now you spent most of your time out there.

"Yes, and he said that the subject was no longer to be discussed. I hate it. You and Nana are the only ones who support me."

Celegorm handed you another dagger to throw. You took the knife in your hand, and threw it at the target. Both daggers were in the dead centre. You look to your brother and motion to the target.

"See I can take care of myself."

"Yes, but that is a stationary target. Once you're in battle, fighting for your life, it's harder to hit the bullseye."

You sigh. You knew he was right. It wasn't until a few days later that you would learn the hard way about your family being right.

Fëanor was furious, that is until he saw you clinging to life. As soon as you were brought into the healing room, the loving father you knew as an elfling returned. The creator of the silmarils was informed that you had taken an arrow to the thigh, but it was laced with poison.

Your brothers gathered around the bed where you were. Your forehead was covered in sweat and you had a fever.

Caranthir nearly punched a guard when he first saw you.You were the only one who was able to calm him down during one of his tantrums. Maedhros put a hand on his younger brother's shoulder. "Calm yourself, little brother. You wouldn't want Y/n to see you this way."

Amrod and Amras climbed up onto the bed with you. The twins were still fairly young, but they understood you were sick. "Is she gonna be okay, Nana?"

Your mother, Nerdanel, shook her head. "I don't know, my boys."

Curufin stood in the corner, silent. "It's my fault. If I hadn't taken out the archer myself, she might be okay." It was true. Both of you were out hunting when you came across an Orc pack. Curufin had managed to take out the archers with his bow, except one. You saw the archer take aim and pushed your older brother out of the way, getting hit in the process.

"Shall I play her favourite lullaby," Maglor asked.

Fëanor nodded and his second son began to pluck the strings of the harp. The family sat in silence, listening to the gentle music being played. All were remembering how much they loved you, memories, and saying prayers to the Valar for them to heal you.

Celegorm was the only one who wasn't there. He had been out hunting for the past two days, and didn't know of your predicament. When he returned, the third son of Fëanor was fuming that no one had sent for him.

"Why wasn't I alerted," he yelled.

Fëanor raised an eyebrow and frowned at his son. "You will not address either me, your mother, or any of your brothers in that tone. We tried to find you, but no one could."

Celegorm rolled his grey eyes. "I hunted in the same place I have for the past two weeks. You could've tried that way!"

At this point, all your brothers, save the twins, were arguing. Nerdanel sat in the chair next to your bed, an annoyed look on her face. The twins kept looking back and forth between you and the rest of your family. They were waiting to see if the shouting would wake you up, and it did.

When the Ellons heard your voice, all went silent. Immediately, you were engulfed in a bear hug by all your brothers. Fëanor and Nerdanel waited to give you their own hug, and kiss you all over.

Fëanor kissed your forehead. "Now will you listen to me, my favourite daughter?"

You smile weakly and nod. "Of course, Ada."

A/n: sorry this is so terrible. I wrote this while watching law and order so I was really distracted 😂