Maedhros- secret admirer

A/n: requested by @Bluemoon6691. Maitimo needs love, and damn it I'm going to give this giant teddy bear some. Hope you enjoy!!

Maedhros collapsed on his bed. It had been another long day training with his men, and all he wanted to do was sleep. He opened one of his grey eyes to see a basket of cakes on his bedside table. He lifted his rusty head and reached over to grab the basket. "No note. How odd," he thought as he rummaged through the goodies to find his favourite cake, lemon. (Literally me when I get a basket of goodies 😂).

On the way to dinner, the eldest son of Fëanor ran into his favourite Elleth, you. You blushed as he smiled at you. "Y/n! I'm so happy to see you!"

The tall elf engulfed you in a bear hug. You hugged him back as best as you could. You were rather small compared to him, but he enjoyed your hugs more than anyone else's. The two of you walk to dinner, chatting about the different events of that day.

Maedhros laughed when you told him of young elfling who gave his mother some flowers from your shop. You were so simple and he loved it. You were easy to talk, funny, smart, sassy (which he adored) and beautiful. Everyday the elven lord could feel himself falling harder for you. The only thing was, he didn't know if you felt the same.

"Maitimo, is something wrong," you asked snapping your fingers in front of his eyes.

Maedhros shook his head. "Sorry what?"

You giggled. "I asked how was your day."

The prince chuckled and ran his hand through his long hair. "Oh, forgive me Y/n, it's been a long and tiring day. Though, I did receive a basket full of my favourite treats."

You raise an eyebrow. "Oh really?" You obviously knew that he did, you were the one who sent it. The elf prince had been under stress lately from recently leaving Valinor and his father being a pain, so you decided to make him a special goodie basket.

"Yes. I especially enjoyed the lemon cake. Whoever left the basket knew that it was my favourite." You could feel your cheeks growing red. Ever since you were elflings, the two of you had been inseparable. You didn't remember when you started to fall for him, but it didn't happen overnight like some stories. It happened slowly over time. Simple things like walking together, reading to each other, or just him watching you bake.

For the next few weeks, the treats continued to come. Now, there were notes that were in the basket too. Whenever Maedhros had a bad day, he would reread the notes you left him. He had immediately recognised your handwriting, so he knew it was you who left the baskets.

When Maedhros returned from Angband, he was a former shell of his usual sweet self. His right hand was missing, and his long hair was now cut to his shoulders. It had been thirty years since you had seen him, but not a day went by when you didn't think of him.

You were sitting in the chair next to his bed when he awoke.

"Y/n?"

Your e/c eyes snap open when you heard his scratchy voice. "Maitimo, I'm here. I'm right here," you say gently. The elven prince reached his left hand out for yours. You took his large hand in yours. Once you made physical contact with him, the tears began to flow.

"Y/n, what's wrong? Why're you crying?"

The question only makes you cry harder. "Maitimo, I just missed you so much! I thought you were gone for good, and it broke my heart. When they told me that Fingon was bringing you back home, I felt as though my heart would burst from happiness."

Maedhros pulls you down to him, and kissed the top of your head. He missed you more than you would ever know. Every day he thought of you and the notes you would write him. He had read them so many time before his capture, that he had them memorised.

"I thought about you everyday. I kept rereading the notes you gave me in my head. It was almost like you were there with me."

Your head turns to look at him. He had a slight smirk on his face. You sat up and looked at him. "You knew?!"

Maedhros laughed. The laugh seemed different, almost humourless. "I recognised your handwriting and I've had your lemon cakes before. I knew it was you."

You bury your face in your hands to cover your embarrassment. "Why didn't you tell me?"

The elven lord sat up slowly, wincing when the stub where his right hand used to be brushed up against the sheets. "I don't know. I guess I was too afraid you didn't feel the same way I feel about you."

You nod your head. "I do. I have for a long long time. When they told me that you had been captured, I felt as though my heart had been ripped out of my chest. I didn't know what to do, it felt as though my world came crashing down. I love you so much, Maitimo, and I don't ever plan on letting you go."

Maedhros felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. You loved him like he loved you. He brought you closer to him and kissed you gently. You were surprised by the action, but kissed him back eagerly.

After a few minutes, you both pulled away breathless. Maedhros leaned his forehead against yours, a smile on his face. "I guess that means you feel the same way," you ask.

"What do you think?"

You giggle and kiss him again before settling down next to him. Maedhros curled up against you, putting his head on your chest to listen to your heartbeat. Now, the road to recovery would be easier for both of you.