Maedhros- return

A/n: MAJOR FEELS!

You were sitting in your room and staring out the window when a maid rushed in. She bowed lowly, her red dress and white apron touching the floor.

"My Lady, they've returned."

Your e/c widen and you race for the entrance to Himring. Fingon was leading a group of Ellons, who were headed for the infirmary. You follow them into the healing wing as they set the stretcher down. You gasp when you see your husband on top.

"Maitimo," you exclaim and rush forward to the bed.

He was covered with a blanket, so you couldn't see the extent of his injuries. You quickly turn back to the guards. "Leave us. All of you. Now," you say in your most commanding voice.

Fingon turns to leave, but you grab his shoulder. He turns around to look at you, a sadness in his eyes. "Fingon, you may stay."

He nodded and moved to stand in the corner. You went over to the basin filled with water, and brought it back to the bed. You sat down on the edge closest to Maedhros, and gently lifted the blanket from his body. You cover your mouth seeing his bandaged right arm. Fingon sighed and sat down in the chair across from you.

"When I found him, he was hanging by his right hand," he started as you began to unwrap the bandages from his arm. "Y/n, the only way to get him down was to cut it off. I had no other choice."

You carefully look over the stump where his hand used to be. A hand that would no longer hold yours, run through your hair, or hold you close to the body it once belonged to. Maedhros stirs when you brush a damp cloth over the stump to clean it. You glance up to see if he had woken up.

Thankfully, you were one of the best healers in the realm, so you weren't phased by the amount of blood. You gently massage some medicine onto the wound to help it heal. Fingon had left to get you some Aethelas leaves for the pain.

While he's gone, you look over Maedhros' face. The face you had missed for thirty years. His handsome face had faded scars on it, a sign of his torture he had endured. It broke your heart to see him this way, but you knew that he would pull through it. He always did.

A few hours later, Maedhros slowly began to wake up. His silver eyes adjusted to the surroundings, and for a moment he panicked thinking he was back hanging in Angband. It wasn't until he saw your sleeping figure in the chair next to him, did he realise he was home. He was home in his own bed. Safe from the evil clutches of Sauron and Morgoth.

He looked over your sleeping form. Your hair was tied back in a messy braid, your sleeves were rolled up, and they were covered in blood. His blood. Maedhros finally understood. You had cleaned him up, and now you were resting. He reached over with his remaining hand to hold yours. A simple gesture that he missed for thirty years.

You stir feeling something brush against your fingers. It wasn't until you heard your name being called softly that you woke up. Your e/c eyes opened slowly, trying to adjust to the dimly lit room.

"Y/n," you heard a voice say. You knew that voice. The voice that had comforted you with sweet words, made you laugh at a joke, or hum a song as you drifted off to sleep.

You could feel the tears begin to form in your eyes as you began to kiss the hand that held your. Maedhros let out a choked sob. He sat up and brought you up into his lap, kissing your face. You could feel the hot tears falling from his eyes onto your face. You bury your face into his hair, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Maitimo, I thought I lost you," you whisper.

Maedhros nodded kissing your forehead. "I never thought I'd see you again. Everyday I thought of you."

You pulled back to look at him. "And I you. I could feel in my heart that you still lived. Everyone else told me it was a lie I kept telling myself. I finally told Fingon, and he believed me."

Maedhros looked down at your entwined fingers sadly. "Forgive me, Y/n. When I was hanging, I begged for him to kill me. I couldn't bare to see you again looking the way I do. He told me that you never remarried, and you still believed that I lived. I knew I had to come back to you."

You gently stroke the side of his face with your free hand. His silvery grey eyes met your own e/c ones. "All that matters to me, my Maitimo, is that you're here again. Home from those who did this to you. I swear if I come across those that did this to you, I will kill them myself!"

Maedhros chuckled softly. "Just as fiery as I remember." His expression turned more serious. "Please, meleth nin, don't ever go to that place. I don't want anything to happen to you."

You nod and kiss him gently. After a few minutes, you both break apart Maedhros leaned his forehead down against your. "I missed that."

You giggle and kiss him again. "Me too. Rest now, Maitimo. I will make sure no evil creature comes to take you away."

Maedhros nodded. He knew you wouldn't take no for an answer. He places his head on your chest, listening to the sounds of your heartbeat lull him to sleep. His arms wrapped around your figure, and held you down. You ended up falling asleep as well, as you stroked his rusty coloured hair. Finally, your world was complete again.