Glorfindel- family man

Glorfindel placed his hand on the hilt of his sword. His blue gaze darted from one Ellon to another as he watched his men train. The head of the House of the Golden Flower beamed with pride as he watched his men. Turgon would be pleased.

About ten minutes later, Glorfindel dismissed his men for the night. They bowed their heads and turned to go to their homes. The golden haired elf watched for a few minutes, before turning to go home himself.

When the elf reached his home, the sound of giggles and shrieks of joy greeted him. He smiled and opened the door. A young elfling gasped and jumped into his arms.

"Ada," the elfling exclaimed.

Glorfindel smiled and kissed his son's forehead. "Hello, Aewenion . Where is your nana?"

Your son pointed in your direction, and Glorfindel nodded. He leaned down to whisper something to his son, making him giggle, before walking to you. You were sitting in your bedroom, wrapping your youngest son's knee.

"Y/n? What happened?"

You quickly glance up to your husband, then avert your eyes back to the task before you. "Ethirion and Aewenion were playing with their swords, and Ethirion tripped on the stairs and scrapped his knee."

"Hurt, Ada," Ethirion whimpered at his father.

Glorfindel gave his son a sympathetic look and bent forward to kiss his knee. "Is that better?"

Your youngest son wiped his nose on his sleeve and nodded. You gently set your son back on his feet, and crouch down in front of him to look him over one last time. "There. Now go on and be careful. Okay, ion nin?"

Ethirion nodded and ran off to find his older brother. You stood up and watched as he ran off. Glorfindel's arms encircled around your waist from behind, a kiss was placed on the back of your head. "How're you?"

You sigh and place your hands on top of his. "I'm okay. I still don't understand why you had to get them swords at this age. Why didn't you wait until they were older?"

Glorfindel frowned and moved your face to where he could see it. You avoid his gaze, and look out the window to the Encircling Mountains. Since the sun was now setting, the mountains were of various colours. It had always been your favourite view since Turgon built the hidden city.

"Why are you so troubled? I seem to recall a young Elleth who was the age of our eldest son, and she had a sword."

You turn around to face your husband, a blush on your cheeks. "Yes, but meleth if you recall, that was a different time. The Dark Lord wasn't a constant danger." You sigh and bury your face in Glorfindel's robes. On instinct, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower wraps his arms around your figure.

"I too fear for their safety, but we can't stop them from growing up. Before you know it, they'll be one hundred years old."

You pull away to look at him. "Don't you dare say that about my children!"

Glorfindel chuckles and kisses your forehead. "I promise."

The two of you stand there for a few more minutes, before the sound of a crash echoes through your home. Glorfindel chuckles again and lets go of you to see what chaos awaited him in the other room. No matter how crazy your life got, you were thankful that you had wonderful children, and a wonderful husband. Nothing in this world would ever tear you apart.