Fëanor- Disobedience

A/n: featuring big brother, Amras and best friend, Glorfindel. Inspired by the Lion King, because I got the idea while watching it with my niece.

You winced as your mother, Nerdanel, pulled your hair up into a simple braid.
"Ow! That hurt."

Nerdanel kissed the back of your head. "I'm sorry, meleth. Your hair isn't wanting to cooperate with me."

You fold your small arms across your chest and grumble. Nerdanel hums and gathers another strand of your h/c hair for another braid. Once she's finished, she sets you down on the ground. The sound of your best friend's laughter filled your little pointed ears, making you look back to your mother.

"Nana, may I go play with Glorfindel?"

Nerdanel nodded. "You may, but please take one of your brothers with you."

You nod. "Yes, Nana."

A half hour later, you were on your adventure, with you older brother Amras leading the way. He lead you and Glorfindel to the river to play. The air was filled with your shrieks and giggles from the water splashing on your dress. Amras sat on a thick branch of a tree a few yards away, his hood over his eyes as he napped.

Glorfindel glances over at him, and nudges you. "Now will you tell me where we're really going?"

You nod and motion for him to follow you. You lead him deep into the forest, where the sunbeams couldn't reach you. Glorfindel grinned. He loved going on adventures with you, especially when you didn't have to be supervised by an older sibling.

Long ago, your father, Fëanor, had warned you not to go into the forest without either him or your brothers. Now that you were a little older, you made up your mind that you were big enough to look out for yourself.

The forest grew darker, and the excitement between you and Glorfindel grew. The blonde haired elfling grabbed your hand and pulled you back. You look at him confused as to why he pulled you back. He pointed to a spider web that you were about to walk into. You straighten your headband and move around it.

"That was close. Thanks, Mellon nin."

Glorfindel grins and leads the way. "You're welcome. Let's keep going."

Halfway through the adventure in the forest, your legs began to become sore. You stop and sit down on a rock. "Glorfindel, I'm getting tired."

The other elfling nods and sits down next to you. "Me too. I think we need to go back home. Tomorrow we can come out here again."

You clap your hands. "Excellent idea. I'll make sure to bring Amras again. He'll just nap like he did today."

You both got up and made the trudge back through the forest. Because it was getting dark, the shadows were beginning to play tricks on your eyes. You move closer to Glorfindel. "I don't think this was such a good idea."

Glorfindel takes your hand. "Don't worry, Y/n. We just have to be brave. Well make it out of here in no time."

As you both wandered through the forest, the sound of wolves and other nocturnal creatures filled your ears. You whimper and hold onto your best friend as you continue walking. The moon was your only light source in the darkness of the forest. Glorfindel picked up a fallen branch, and held it up when the howl of a wolf sounded close. He turned around, with you clinging to him.

A wolf was circling you, growling losing as it got closer. Glorfindel swung the branch like he had seen his father do. "Stay back," he yelled in his most intimidating voice. You could hear the fear in it.

The large wolf growled again, and two more showed up behind you. You turn around slowly to see their yellow eyes and pointed teeth in the moonlight.

"Glorfindel," you whisper, pulling his tunic for him to look.

The blonde haired elfling gulped when he saw the other two wolves. A snarl from the wolf in front of you both, caused you to snap your heads back to it. You stood with your back pressed against Glorfindel's, keeping an eye on the other two.

Just when one of the wolves moved to jump on you, a horse reared up on its back legs, a tall figure on its back. A second horse appeared a few seconds later. The wolves immediately started to try to bite the horse, but the figure on top had dismounted and fought the creatures.

The second figure grabbed you and Glorfindel, hoisting you up onto the horses. Within a few minutes, the wolves were dead and the hooded figures revealed themselves. You hung your head when you saw your father and brother's faces.

Fëanor mounted his horse behind you, and Amras behind Glorfindel on his horse. "Amras, take Glorfindel home. Make sure his mother knows where he's been."

Amras nodded. Glorfindel looked to you sadly as they rode off. You look up at your father, a stern look on his noble face. He urged the horse to go on. The ride home was silent, until you reached the borders of your land. Fëanor stopped the horse and dismounted. He placed his hands on your side, and lifted you off the horse to set you down on the ground next to him.

"I'm very disappointed in you, Y/n. You directed disobeyed me."

"Ada, I'm sorry," you tried to plead.

"I've told you before, never go into the forest alone!"

"But I wasn't alone! Glorfindel was with me!"

"Glorfindel is still an elfling like you, Y/n. You both could've been killed!"

Tears began to fall when he raised his voice at you. Fëanor sighed and pulled you into his strong arms. Your little arms were wrapped around your father's neck, and he stroked your h/c hair.

"Y/n, I was so scared that I had lost you."

You sniffle and look up at him. "But you're not afraid of anything."

Fëanor chuckled and kissed your forehead. "I was tonight. You're my only daughter, and I don't know what I would do without you."

"Really?"

Fëanor smiled and poked the tip of your nose. "Really. Y/n, I promise when you're older you and Glorfindel can explore the forest all you want. But right now, you are mere elflings and your lessons are more important."

You shake your head vigorously. Fëanor laughs and tickles your side. "All right, we need to get you to bed now."

He lifts you up and carries you back to your home. One the way, you had fallen asleep safe in your father's arms.