Lindir- painting

The sound of your paintbrush gently hitting the canvas, was the only sound you heard in the morning hours. You had risen early to find your painting supplies, and paint the landscape you had seen in your dream the previous night.

You hummed one of the songs you had heard your dear friend, Bilbo Baggins, sing after dinner last night. Bilbo had arrived in Rivendell a few days ago, and you spent time reminiscing about how the Company had rattled your husband's nerves when they first arrived in Rivendell.

The sun had risen higher by the time you were done painting the outlines of the mountains. You smiled when you heard the bedroom door open and close. A kiss was planted on the top of your head, making you smile wider.

"Good morning."

"Good morning. What's this you're painting?"

"I saw it in my dream last night, so I decided to make it a reality."

Lindir smiled and kissed the top of your head again. He stood behind you for a few minutes, playing with a strand of your hair as he watched you paint. It was one of the things he loved to do, and it was what you were doing when you first met centuries ago.

oOo

You were sitting on one of the benches in the gardens, sketching a rose when you heard footsteps coming up the stone path. You looked up to see your dear friend, Glorfindel, walking with the newest minstrel. The two Ellons stopped walking when they were in your presence.

"Lady Y/n, how are you this morning," Glorfindel asked bowing slightly to you. The Ellon behind him bowed as well.

"I'm doing very well. Thank you, Lord Glorfindel. May I ask who this is with you?"

Glorfindel nods and motioned for the elf to come forward. He put a hand on the brunette's shoulder. "This is Lindir. He's the new minstrel. Lindir, this is Lady Y/n. I have known her since she was an elfling."

Lindir nodded to you, a faint blush on his cheeks. "My lady."

As time went on, you and Lindir became very good friends. You spent most of your time with him, and it didn't go unnoticed by the entire House of Elrond. When you both confessed your love for each other and announced it, no one was surprised. Glorfindel even won a bet from Erestor that night.

oOo

You dipped your paint brush in the water and tapped it on the rim of your bowl, letting the excess water drip down. Lindir was sitting on the chaise, his harp in his hands along with some writing materials. He occasionally glanced over at you, just to see how the progress was coming along. You could feel his gaze on you, and just to make him blush, you'd glance back at him.

Lindir quickly adverted his eyes when he caught you looking at him. That made you giggle.

"Lindir, you do know that it's okay for you to look at me? I mean we are married after all."

He blushed and played with the quill in his hand. "I know, but I still love to watch you paint. It relaxes me for whatever reason."

It was your turn to blush now. About an hour later, Lindir had finished composing his new song, and you finished your painting. You were standing up looking at it, seeing all of your errors. Lindir stood behind you again, his arms around your stomach. He didn't see any of the errors you spoke of.

"Meleth nin, I told you it looks beautiful. I don't see anything wrong with it."

"Well, if you insist."

A kiss was pressed to the tip of your ear. "I do. You have a gift, and don't ever forget it."

A/n: found this painting on Pinterest