A Thousand Cold Nights..

Mordred stroked Mikoto's hair as she slept on with her head on the knight's lap.. exhausted. 

It had been a long day, Mikoto had spent most of it doing homework and finishing up projects that were due the very next day.  Mordred had come over for one reason or another, so Mikoto, exhausted out of her mind, had decided to use her master's lap as a pillow and began snoozing the rest of the daylight away. 

It occurred to Mikoto, even in her sleep, how rare a day of peace was for them.. Masters, Servants, Espers.. all of them just spending what could be defined as a normal day. It always seemed as if one problem or another was happening at some point. 

However, as Mikoto slowly began to open her eyes.. the environment turned black and white, freezing.. 

The entire memory she was currently experiencing had been invaded by another..

"hey.." Another Mikoto... Okita's Mikoto, stood next to the door, smiling. "This is a nice memory.."

"You're.. not from this memory, but you look like me." said Mikoto.

"Memories are sort of a template I use to talk to people.. aren't you wondering why you're remembering this moment in the first place?" said Sakura Mikoto. "I looked through your memories for a suitable one.. and I have to say I  kinda dig this Mordred person.. she's so nice.."

"I kind of dig her too." said Mikoto with a smile. "She's.. er.. a little in love with me though.."

"heheheheh.. I see." said Sakura Mikoto with a chuckle.

"Who are you?" Mikoto asked.

"I'm you.. another version of you from another reality." said Sakura Mikoto. "Who happens to be Okita's sister."

"Okita's... SISTER!?" Mikoto stammered. 

Sakura Mikoto smiled and nodded. "Explains a bit doesn't it?"

"Yeah... the way Okita looks at me.. and how she cared so much for me even after first being summoned." said Mikoto. "How are you here?"

"The man who slayed me.. a disgraced Demigod named Kibito the Butcher, his blade Raiden has the power to sever a soul's bond from the afterlife." said Sakura Mikoto. "Because of this, I'm doomed to wander between worlds, unable to interact with anybody physically.. I've been watching over my sister any way I could.. I watched as she dueled Darth Vader.. I saw her nearly succumb to temptation to save you.. and avenge me. "

"Is she alright!?" Mikoto stammered hurriedly. 

"She's fine.. she managed to escape after Vader had a run in with Gilgamesh... currently though, the Lord of Villains and King of Heroes are having a battle that might level the city if it isn't concluded soon.. that I am worried about.. but currently... I'm more worried about your situation.. "

"yeah.. kidnapped by a serial killer." Mikoto muttered. 

"I've traveled through the vast Omegaverse and learned plenty." said Sakura Mikoto.  "I came upon a world.. or a pair of worlds.. where a very powerful version of us dwells. She was the reincarnation of a goddess that had become split in two.. and existed eons before we ever did.. I came learn so much.. I think I know a way I can help you.. and a way that maybe I can see my sister again.."

"Yeah?" said Mikoto.

"Because we are both technically the same person.. with completely identical souls.. it's possible to merge into one Mikoto." said Sakura MIkoto. "We will be one person, with both of our memories.. don't worry, it won't be too confusing.. "