Beast 0

"Sooooo... how did it go?"

Mikoto stopped abruptly in her tracks, her hand halfway to the doorknob, a bead of sweat trickled down her forehead as she stopped and turned back to look at Mordred.

"Er.. what..?"

Mordred tried to look casual, tapping her foot on the floor, but it was obvious she was looking a mixture of jealous, angry, and anxious. "Ya know.. yer date with the golden douchebag? "

"Yeah.. the golden douche bag.. putting it mildly.." said Mikoto with a grumble. "Didn't he have some buddy named Enkidu? Somebody summon THAT guy as a servant and maybe Gilga-creep will leave me alone."

Mordred's face broke out into a smile briefly before she looked away, trying to hide it. "Uh.. right.. good.. I mean bad.. I mean.. yeah, Gil's a jerk.."

Mikoto raised an eyebrow. "You weren't actually worried I'd FALL for the guy were you?"

"Naaaaahhh.. of course not..NEVER!" said Mordred.  "C'mon.. we're gonna be late for... wait a sec... where's your uniform?!"

"Uhhh.."

There was a soft knock on the door, and Saber entered the room, holding a Mage Academy Uniform, neatly folded.. "Here.. Mikoto.."

"Thanks." Mikoto said, sighing. "Just another day trying to survive life.. one  Noble Phantasm swing at a time.. "

As Mikoto put on her uniform.. she took a look out the window, just to get a look at the sunlight.. but as soon as she did... she froze..

Something was staring at her from the roof of another building.. staring straight into her eyes..

A girl...  in a Goth Lolita outfit, with an octopus hairpin..

Her appearance fit Okita's description of the Ruler of New York to a T... except her eyes were wide open this time..  and despite her being yards and yards away.. her eyes were able to stare directly into Mikoto's

An ominous feeling began to well up in Mikoto's chest, she quickly turned to Mordred. "Hey! Do you see that!? "

"See what?" said Mordred.

"Over there!! On that roof!"

Mordred looked. "There's.. nothing there.."

"But-."

Mikoto looked to see that the rooftop was empty..

"Where.. the hell?" Mikoto said. "I.. I could've sworn I saw the Ruler of New York!"

Saber frowned as she walked in. "I.. don't sense a presence.."

"Hey.. anybody seen my bag?" Mordred said as she opened the closet. "AAAAAGHHH!!"

Mordred leaped back in horror as the little girl was now in the closet.. staring straight at Mikoto.

Mikoto almost had a heartattack as she jolted back, lightning crackling in her bangs, and Saber drew her blade in a flash of light, her eyes wide.

"Wh.. what!?" Saber said.

The girl slowly held up her arm and pointed at Mikoto. "You... I have seen you... in the dreams.. "

"Th.. the dreams?" Mikoto stammered

The Ruler of New York tilted her head to and fro, as if appraising Mikoto with a dark understanding.

"You aren't really her.. she is older than you.. in another world..  her child fights a golden emperor and his proctors...  but you.. you shall suffer.."