|:| Chapter Four |:|

The next thing I do... could change everything.. 

~~ 

I run to Gene and hug him instantly causing him to stumble back a small bit, I look up, more tears forming in my eyes, I muster up all the strength I can and manage out a whisper.

" H-Hey Genie.. " Genes eyes widen and then a small tear escapes his eye, " Su-Sunshine? " I nod and he pulls me closer to him now crying along with me. " I - I thought id never find you again! " He stifles out through his tears, I raise up my arm and show him the bracelet, " I never forgot.. " He raises his arm and puts it next to mine, " Neither did I " I see the bracelet on his wrist and smile, " You made an actual carving on Mr Oakeinstein.. " Gene chuckled wiping his eyes, " You kept that tree name? " I nod, " Of course! He is the wisest tree! " I giggle as his thumb reached my face as he wiped away some stray tears from my face.

" I finally found my Sunshine.. " Gene said with a smile.

" I finally found my Genie.. " I smiled back, " So I'm here, what are your other two wishes? " He chuckled and I lightly punched his arm. " Ok ok ok, one, that was the cheesiest pickup line ive ever heard Gene. And two, your late with that wish, ever since I left all ive wished is to come back and find you. " His smile fades lightly, " (Y/N) .... " He says softly. 

" Sorry, I just really missed you Gene... when I came back to Phoenix Drop I connected back with Laurance and Garroth.. I never saw Dante, but obviously I had changed.. but Garroth and Laurance still try and flirt with everyone, but I still think of them as brothers.. I met my half sister Aphmau that according to her that YOU bullied her... " I began to break down again, " (Y/N).. I did half of the things ive done to get over you.. " He lifts up my chin making me look at him, " Huh? " I question and he sighs sitting us both down.

" When you left.. I was broken.. I rarely spoke to anyone.. not even Dante... I can tell you now, he missed you a lot. As for Garroth and Laurance.. I lost contact immediately. Well, at first we all stayed as our group.. then I met Zenix and Sasha. We bonded instantly.. then The Shadow Knights was formed... Laurance joined us for a bit but then he got boring and left, he actually used to be cool but now hes a goody two shoes. " He takes a breath and sighs lying back on the grass, I lay back and join him waiting for him to continue. 

" After that.. I would always come after sunset.. I carved Mr Oakeinsteins tattoo so it would stay there for as long as it needed to before having to be re carved again. I never forgot the promise (Y/N)... I just forgot you... but enough about me, how come you became such a badass? " He asked turning on his side looking at me. 

" I uh... well I don't know.. I moved to O'Khasis prep... so I kind of had to be a bitch.. but I started my own gang, I don't know why.. I didn't have many friends, but I always had people I knew I could trust.. I don't know" I say with a sigh, " Your family?" He asks and I instantly tense up and turn away, " (Y/N)..? " I stand up, " I should go.. my dad will be mad.. " I say coldly my face blank, Gene stands up next to me, " Um ok?.. hey um you want me to walk you? " I shake my head, " Ill be fine. " I smile weakly and he pulls me into a hug, " I missed you Sunshine.. " He whispered into my ear sending shivers down my spine again, " I-I mi-missed you to- too Gen-Genie.. " I stutter out and listen to him chuckle, my cheeks go lightly red and I turn away, " Bye Gene! " I call grabbing my bag running down the hill, I crash through the bush and begin running home. 

~~

" (Y/N)! " My father yells from the kitchen I freeze and drop my bag by the door, " Yes father? " I ask, " Did you see your si- " I cut him off, " Yes I did, shes fine, don't care who shes friends with so I don't know, don't care. " I turn and begin walking upstairs not caring if he follows me, him and mum are getting a divorce, and the new 'step mother' is horrible. I first met her the second year into O'Khasis prep, as soon as we met I hated her, whenever my real mother left for a weekend, she came over. 

Lilith was her name, she would hit me every now and then.. that's what started me to self harm. I lay on my bed until the front door opens and I hear her high pitched squeaking, I guess that means mum will be gone for a few days then.. I sigh getting up opening my draw pulling out my blade, I lock my bedroom door and walk into my bathroom locking that too.

~~

After cleaning up the last bit of blood I unlock the bathroom door and hide the blade back in its drawer. I go to unlock my bedroom door when I hear something tap my window. " Huh? " I turn and see Gene outside my bedroom window, gathered.. my house is on the third floor also known as the loft, ( or attic whichever ) I see Gene outside my window! I run over and open it, " Gene?! " He chuckles, " Hey. " I hold out my hand to help him jump in. 

" What! How! And why! " I whisper shout, even though everyone else is downstairs I'm still weary, " I wanted to see you. " I roll my eyes closing my window, " How did you find out where I live?.. " I ask quickly throwing on a hoodie to cover up my cuts, wait.. I just remembered, I haven't bandaged them yet.. great, I hope it doesn't bleed through to much. 

" I asked Aph. " He says with a smirk, " You mean you blackmailed her? " I say turning folding my arms causing me to wince a tiny bit but I ignore it. " Well.... yea, but I cant help it. " He chuckles and I shake my head giggling, his chuckle is really cute... no stop (Y/N) its been years.. 

" I needed to ask you something " He says and I turn to him, " Hm? " I tilt my head and he smiles lightly, I swear I could've saw a red tinge on his cheeks, " Want to go out with me? " He asks and I can feel my face getting red, " Like a da-date? " He nods, I become completely flustered and nod, " Su- sure... " Gene gets up and hugs me, " Awesome! Ill be back later tonight! " He kisses my knuckles and opens my window, I stand there frozen as I watch him jump off my roof onto the tree and climb down then jog away. 

A date?... What am I going to wear!? What am I going to say?! Should I dress formally!? Where would we be going?! Argh! Wait.. APHMAU! Wait no I .. ugh I hate this. 
I pull out my phone and call Aph.

Aph

(Y/N)

~

Hey Aph..

(Y/N)? Hey! 

I need your help..

Woa, your asking me for help?! I thought you ha-

I never actually said I hated you.. well at least out loud anyway

Um thanks?

Look I'm going on a date..

A DATE?!

MY EARS!

MY BABY SISTER IS GOING ON A DATE!

HALF SISTER AND STOP SCREAMING!!

Ok ok ok sorry. Ill come ove-

No! Um I mean, look just text me your address ill be there soon. 

Ok, bye sis, love ya

Mph.. love you too... in some ways.. 

YAY, ok see ya!

Bye. 

I hang up and I instantly see the text from her. I groan, am I really doing this? Mph... it Gene.. but Genie.. I owe it to him I guess, plus I still want in on the shadow knights. 

I throw on my shoes and walk downstairs to see Lilith and Dad making out, I gag and open the front door when I hear a voice behind me. " (Y/N) where do you think your going? " Dad asks, " Out. " Lilith stands up, " Don't take that tone with your fa-" I growl, " Why don't you go back to making out with him! I'm going out! Your not my mother so stop acting like it! " I feel my ears and tail scraping to be released but I know better than to let them show. 

" (Y/N)! " Dad yells, " Bye. " I say calmly walking out the door and slamming it behind me.

I hate her, I sometimes hate him, I hate myself.. no (Y/N) your fine... lets just get to Aphs..