|:| Chapter Fourteen |:|

"Dante, im back!" A familiar voice calls, I squeal burying myself under the blanket, as footsteps approach me I lean as much of myself as I can into the sofa until the blanket is thrown off of me leaving a confused Gene looking down at me, "(Y/N)?" He questions, I giggle nervously when Dante walks in, "Oh hey big bro! Your back" Dante chirps happily, I watch as Genes fist clenches onto the blanket clearly holding himself back.

 "What. Is. Going. On. Here." Gene asks looking as his brother clearly annoyed, "Well... you see (Y/N)..." Dante begins but I cut it off, "Gene, nothing happened between me and Dante if that's what your implying-" I grunted moving myself in a sitting position, "-He just helped me. As you can clearly see." Gene turns and studies my face, his reaction slowly turning to shock, surprise, and still anger?
"What in Irenes name happened (Y/N)! And why did you get Dante to help? Did you lie to me!?" He shouts, I look over his shoulder and see Dante is long gone, I stand up and say nothing.

He takes a step towards me, I take a step back.

He keeps walking towards me, I back up until I bump into a wall.
He grabs my wrists tightly, I wince
He looks down at me, "Did you or did you not lie to me for Dante?" 

I look into his eyes with fear. He tightens his grip on my wrists, "Did you?!"
I look down and shut my eyes tightly.

I feel tears roll down my face.

"Answer me!" He tightens his grasp.

The pain grows, I cry out in pain, "Stop! Please!" I cry.

He lets go of my wrists and slowly pulls my sleeves up, revealing my new bandages, blood was staining the new white, cuts and bruises on my knuckles were evident. He gasps and looks me in the eyes.

I look away and shut my eyes tightly.

Suddenly I feel warmth around me. I look up and open my eyes, Gene has wrapped his arms around me.

"Im sorry.." He whispers, "Im so sorry.. My jealously got the best of me and I just.. I hurt you even more than you already are... im a horrible, jealous person... im so sorry, please forgive me.." I feel drop of water falling on my shirt and realise its tears.

I wrap my arms around him and nod, "I-I forgive you.." I whisper. 
He lifts his head and pulls me further into his chest as he pushes my hair back, "What happened Sunshine?..." Gene asks, I smile at my nickname, I go to explain everything. 

Everything about Zane, about his new gang ' The Jury', Him going after my gang, him beating me up... well his gang, Zane never does his dirty work. And I wanted to tell him what Zane wanted me to do to him, but... something told me not too, so I just stood there and shook my head bringing tears to my eyes. 

"Please (Y/N)... who hurt you?... Please..." Gene says hugging me tighter, "I-I cant.." I whispered pushing away from him. "(Y/N)?" He called, I want you to break him.. "Would you stop pestering me?!" The point of breaking.. "(Y/N)-", I begin to walk out, "I-im sorr-" Then I will break him... "I hate you! " The words poured out of my mouth from where I was originally going to say im sorry, but instead those hateful words came out instead, "What?.." Gene says starting to sway, his knees becoming weak. 

I gave him one last look of pure sorrow until I turned into that hateful face and limped out of his house, I turned to shut the door and saw Gene collapse to his knees his head in his hands clearly crying. 
I closed the door and pressed my forehead against it, "Im sorry Gene... " I whispered before limping back home with the tears pouring down my cheeks. 

~~~

"Try this one!"