Birds and Spiders

Penelope Spiderbite awakens in a place she does not recognize. The place is cold and has an uneasy air as the ancient stone structure echos with each step she takes. The princess of the Spider Bite Kingdom now without anything to rule. Her mind races, as she realizes her situation. Her parents are dead, and she has nothing.

Penelope tries to find anyone else in the monster temple, eventually spotting a small white monster, flying as she takes notes, muttering, "this is no good. No good at all..."

"Hello?" She asks.

The small monster turns around, surprised at first, but replying, "oh you're awake."

"Wait," Penelope replies, "you're that monster who attacked Mewni with Comet. What was your name? Baboo? Ballon?"

"It's Baby," Baby explains, "you're Penelope right? Princess of the Spider Bite Kingdom? What are you doing here up in the mountains?"

"I could ask you the same," Penelope replies, "aren't you, like, working with Meteora and Eclipsa?"

"I care about Meteora," Baby sighs, "but I'm to scared of Eclipsa to go anywhere near the place. Right now I'm just investigating the residual energy of this place trying to determine just how dangerous this Globgor is."

"Eclipsa's husband?" Penelope asks, "does that mean she rules Mewni now?"

"I'm afraid so," Baby sighs, "which is why I came here. It's... surprisingly clean to be honest."

Penelope looks around, noticing the unusual cleanliness of the place, lanterns are spread throught the temple, in addition to some furniture, a bed, a couch, and so on.

"It's almost like someone was here before we were," Penelope suggests.

"Maybe," Baby shrugs, "but I haven't seen anyone so they must've died when Mewni was attacked."

Baby clicks her pen close and sighs, "And judging by the high levels of magical energy still in this place, we are all screwed."

Baby sighs and turns to Penelope, "So why were you in the mountains?"

"Moon," Penelope explains trying not to cry, "she... She killed my parents and took my kingdom."

"By the High Comission I'm so sorry," Baby replies sincerely, "I won't pry anymore don't worry."

"Thanks," Penelope smiles, "I think we're gonna get along Baby."

"I think so," Baby smiles back, "so, you have any powers? Like, magic?"

"No," Penelope sighs, "not really. My family used to have magic, but it's been lost for generations. Apparently it was some sort of spider related thing? No one knows the details. It's lost to time."

A young man lands outside the temple, a large spider following him with a giant eagle by his side as well. He holds his dagger, small and crude, as he enters the temple, only to hear two voices speaking.

"So why not go back?" The first ask.

"They would never accept me Penelope," the other sighs, "this is my life now. As sad as it is."

The young man whistles, signalling the giant spider to leap at the two trespassers, wrapping them in webs as the young man, with his green feathers, tall, thin build, and dagger ready, as Baby and Penelope struggle to escape the webs.

"Let us go!" Penelope demands.

The young monster ignores Penelope and turns to Baby.

"Why are you here?" He demands.