The Banquet Part Two: Common Enemy

"Our common enemy is Moon Butterfly," Eclipsa explains, "And I know many of you may... care for her, but she has become dangerous and there is nothing more we can do for her. I think it may be best to... end her suffering."

No one responds for a moment, all eyes turning to River who stops to think before replying with a sigh, "I... love my Moon Pie. I truly do. However, I believe it is best for her to pass on to the Heavens, but I ask only one thing, I ask to, if she will accept me as such, to be a father to my daughter again. Otherwise do as you wish."

"If she sees you as family it will be so," Toffee nods, "Now, I understand we have some issues with Comet's whereabouts and-"

"You!" A voice exclaims, a small green bird revealing himself standing on the table in front of River, "I have a bone to pick with-"

"Brother!" Dennis exclaims rushing over, "You're OK!"

Ludo, seeing his brother, rushes to embrace him, "Dennis! It's been years!"

"My boy you are alive!" Toffee exclaims, "I thought you-"

"I do not kill children," River explains, "And aside from Comet, I don't think there's any real note worthy beef between us."

"Which only leaves the question of how to save Comet," Tom sighs, "She's a part of this weird family as I see it and-"

"I'll go," Eclipsa explains, "It's my fault she's gone and she's the most powerful magic user we have if we're going to kill Moon-"

"We could just get her out and destroy magic," Toffee suggests.

"Woah hold on that'll kill me!" Rhombulus exclaims.

"Surely you wish to see an afterlife at some point," Globgor suggests, "I know I wouldn't wanna be around when the Sun goes super nova."

"Yeah but not yet," Hekapoo exclaims, "You're all our family and I don't wanna die before you guys do! You purpose the genocide of all spells living in the wand! This is exactly what Moon did!"

"You're right," Toffee sighs, "But Comet has frozen time before, if the rumors I overheard from Prime while imprisoned are true. If Moon uses this spell-"

Eclipsa opens a portal sprouting wings, something in her awakening, a determination to be better than Moon, "We will not resort to genocide. I will save Comet myself and make amends with Marco. Anyone have any objections?"

Penelope shakes her head, "No, but listen, I don't know if any of my spiders are still in there so, be careful OK?"

Eclipsa nods and enters the portal.

The realm of magic is golden and reborn, Eclipsa enters, and runs into Glossaryck who emerges from the golden river, "Hey you may want this."

Eclipsa accepts the pudding, "OK, but-"

"I'll keep it simple," Glossaryck explains, "Pudding counters magic and uhhh... you'll need a clear head to handle that."

Eclipsa turns to see a massive spider chasing after a jolly and blissful Comet.

"Sis!" She exclaims charging the spider, attacking with a dark spell.

Comet snaps out of it in this moment, just long enough to blast the spider, killing it instantly with her immense power, "Eclipsa? What's-"

"I've managed to get everyone on one side, our family, and we're going to fight Moon. I have just two questions. One? Do you wanna make amends with River?"

"I mean yeah of course," Comet explains, "He's not a bad person, not really. Is he on our side now?"

Eclipsa opens a portal to Earth and proceeds, "One other thing and we'll be done."

Comet and Eclipsa enter Marco's room, as the young man hangs up from a call.

"I hope you can forgive me," Eclipsa sighs.

"I can't," Marco sighs, "Because I need you to forgive me I lashed out and I'm sorry. I'm... Comet, we're starting therapy next week OK? Now, is everyone on one side?"

Eclipsa nods, "No one acknowledged Globgor really so I think we're good."

Marco smiles, "Then with all our beef settled and the family together it's time. It's time to face Moon..."

This is it. One final chapter. I'm finishing this story. I'll have it done as soon as I can.