Chapter 7- Black Dragon

I must be a black dragon. I thought as I lied there, resting my head on the cool, gravel ground, waiting for my heated scales to finally cool to the right body temperature. It hurt to move my limbs, but I needed to get up. If anyone saw me, anyone, I would most likely get put into the dragon killing arena which is on the other side of town. It isn't pleasant for a dragon to live there, for if the dragon kills its human opponent, they get beheaded immediately.

I got up and stumbled on only two legs that were very big and would be a pain if I couldn't quickly figure out how to use them. I noticed I now had no arms. My wings were my arms and I couldn't walk with them like the Firemare does. I guess that's better, 'cause I might get a bad back if I do that. I guess I look like a bird. My wings can fold neatly to my sides, and my legs didn't bend like human legs which made it hard to walk.

A roar perked my ears up, and I quickly trotted towards the sound. I could go so much faster as a dragon than as a person, and I kind of liked it. I almost fell a couple times running towards it, since I still couldn't get the hang of running. As I reached another turn, I saw Julie run across the street closely followed by the dragon. It snapped and roared but must of been out of fire since it didn't try to breathe any. Julie ran and I ran but I couldn't keep up with either one of them.

So I decided to fly. Ohhhhhh, flying was hard. I fell to the ground a couple of times as my wings flapped helplessly, but as I tried again, I caught some air and flew above the houses. Seeing from a bird's view- or dragon's view- is so much better than seeing from the ground. I could see Julie, the Firemare, and tons of other houses, people, dragons, and even some ChainWolves hanging out in the shadows. It was amazing and then I wondered why was that Firemare not flying? It was amazing to feel the wind blow softly against your face and make you feel so free, and wanted. It was so unbelievable. I don't see why any dragon or bird would ever want to land.

Then, I remembered Julie being chased. I don't know why but I wanted to help her; to scare her was better. I could do that! She deserved to be scared at least once in her life and having a dragon snatch her up isn't something she's ever experienced. I flew silently through the sky and targeted Julie. It would be hard to get her since the Firemare was so close to her. But I tried. I opened my taloned feet and dove towards her..