Chapter 14- A Dead Death

A smile slowly lit across my face, knowing that that fire stalled enough time. The White Death was hit in the side by the log, and skidded on the ground. She tried to push it back, but her tail got caught underneath it. The jagged edges got caught in the splinters of the wood and almost trapped her underneath the log itself. The White Death rolled down the hill and skidded at the edge. She stood on her two feet and tried to push the log up the hill, which seemed very hard for her to do now. The White Death's back foot lost its grip on the hard rock. She was forced to kneel on one knee, and tried to pull her leg back up. She whipped her tail free from the log, sending wooden splinters and a giant piece of bark flying.

The White Death made a little noise in surprise, and she felt her other leg slip. The whole back of her body was now hanging off the cliff, and she very well knew the situation she was in. But she didn't panic, like I would of if I was in that situation. Instead she thought through what she would do and did it.

The log bounced off her head, and rolled a couple inches away as it slowly stopped rolling. With her very muscular arms she was capable of pulling a third of her body up on the cliff.

"Julie,"- my voice was hoarse. I could barely hear it myself, and I honestly didn't know if she heard me, "push the log. Push her off."

Julie must of heard me and I soon heard a slow thump-thump of her quickly limping over to the White Death. I saw her lean down and start to push the log. The White Death tried to grab for Julie with one of her paws, and noticed she was slipping and decided to stop doing that. The White Death hissed as the log was pushed closer to her face. She lifted her bloodied head very high and looked at Julie, trying to stop her rage and slash out. She lifted her arm high above her head and stabbed her claws into the ground as her back feet lost all grip and she struggled to pull herself up. Julie kept pushing the tree, but the White Death's hand was in the way and she couldn't push it any farther. Julie was getting tired, and even I could see that in the way she stood. It would be over soon, I thought. It was just a matter of time until the White Death would fall.

Suddenly, the White Death leaned far back off the edge, feeling the rock on her feet, and flung herself forwards. Both of her arms came lashing down, aiming for Julie. One of her claws hit the ground, and she pushed forwards with three of her limbs to kill Julie, who hid behind the log, since she was in no shape to walk away. The White Death's claw spread wide, reaching for Julie. It came crashing down on the log in front of her, almost snapping it in half. Her long claws were so deep into the wood, her hand seemed to be clawless. That dragon had so much power in her, the only fault she had was she didn't know how to fully use it.

Julie saw her claw stuck in the wood. It was as if she read my mind, as she pushed with all the might she had on that beaten up log. It rolled a little bit, and the White Death leaned closer off the edge. I don't think I'd ever see the day when I would see a Death scared of dying. Honestly, it was satisfying seeing her ice-cold eyes widened as far as they could. The log rolled, and the White Death screeched.

"No no no no no!" she yelled and took a final snip at Julie as her other arm lost its grip and the heavy log fell off the cliff, bringing the dragon with it. She disappeared into the fog below followed by an echoing thump. She was gone, for now.