Rin's Determination

Kakashi's POV

I woke up this morning to someone knocking on my door. The knocking got louder and louder and it's starting to get annoying. Just then, the air warped and Obito popped up.

"What do you want?" I ask. I am definitely not a morning person by any means except maybe my wife.

Flashback

I was dreaming about the old days back when Naru, Sasuke, and Sakura were genin when I felt ice cold water being dumped all over my head. I snapped up and was about to smack whoever it was that decided to wake me up at 5 in the morning.

"Hehe! Wake up 'Kashi-chan~ Today's a special day!" said Prankster of Konoha who just happened to be my girlfriend. And what did she mean by special day?

"Wha..." I was still in a daze but I wasn't really annoyed anymore.

"DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT YOUR BIRTHDAY???" she screamed wide-eyed. I think she looks adorable like that but what's the big deal about my birthday?

"Well, you are definitely missing out Scarecrow. You're coming with me whether you want to or not!" 

And just like that, she dragged me all over town. That was one of the best birthdays ever.

Flashback End  

"Oi! Bakashi, ya in there?" Obito asked.

"Sorry, got lost in thought."

"You've been doing that a lot lately. Are you alright?" he asked. I can tell that he is genuinely concerned. It's good that he broke out of Madara's control in time during the war. I don't know what would've happened if he didn't.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just...feel like there's something missing all the time now."

"Oh, cheer up a bit! Kakashi, she probably wants you to be happy. We have another chance to set things right so we have to take it." he said. I know that Obito still has a thing for Rin. I can see the way he looks at her too. Also, I think that Rin is starting to notice Obito with how much he's changed. I caught her staring at Obito the other day while training. Maybe I can help them along...

"Anyways, the Chuunin exams are coming up in about two months. There's still about three months left until the Kannabi Bridge mission. I have no doubt that you would be fine but Rin is a different story." At this, Obito groaned and started complaining about taking the exams again. 

Obito's POV

"Ughhh....I have to take the exams AGAIN? Why?!" My first time taking the Chuunin exams weren't fun except the matches. The written exam was a pain in the ass and the Forest of Death is creepy. The place reminds me of Madara and that pedo-snake Orochimaru.

"Obito, I know that place is creepy but you have to make chuunin or else you can say goodbye to your chances of getting your scythe back." he said. 

"Alright! What about Rin? Do we train her?"

"Yes. She is the weakest member of the team and she needs to get stronger or else she would die in the field." There's no way I'm letting that happen again.

"So, I'm guessing that since she is a medic she will use something like senbon or chakra scalpels right?" I asked.

"Rin will use both. Chakra scalpels for close range and senbon for long range. We also need to level up her taijutsu. You will train her in taijutsu and I will help her with weapons. You in?"

"Yes sir! You're the one who has experience being a sensei anyways." I said. After all, being the sensei of the Neo Sannin tends to make a person know a bit more about teaching in general. "We need to talk to Minato-sensei about this though"