Rin's Training ~ Pt.1

My POV

Rin would take on any training that Obito and Kakashi would throw at her! ....Or she thought. When she got to the training grounds this morning, there was nobody there. All of a sudden, paintballs and glitterbombs shot out of the trees and straight at her.

Rin, who was frozen in shock, got barraged by paintballs and glitterbombs until she finally snapped out of it and started to dodge and block using a kunai.

Rin's POV

WHAT IN KAMI's NAME IS GOING ON HERE???!!! I was going to meet up with the team for some training but why am I getting pelted with paint and glitter? A paintball skimmed by my face as it missed by a centimeter. Then I feel something hit my back. I turned around and saw deep red eyes staring at me. 

"W-who are you?" I asked. I hated how shaky my voice was. I'm a kunoichi damnit!

Obito's POV

I think that she's finally breaking out of her shell a bit. Rin has always held back and was too nice to hurt someone. Although she has some confidence, she hates violence.

 I drop a smoke bomb and waited to see what she would do. Kakashi and Minato-sensei are watching from the trees still I guess. So far, Rin is doing pretty well. She's determined, but not strong enough. I wonder what Kakashi will do about it.

Minato's POV

What are my students up to? They never told me how they  would train Rin but from what it looks like, I think that they're testing her reflexes. She's doing pretty well considering how she was caught by surprise. She needs to fix that habit of freezing up though.

Obito dropped a smoke bomb and Kakashi took Obito's place on the field. From what I can see, Kakashi henged himself into an Iwa shinobi. Where's Obito though?

Kakashi's POV

When Obito dropped the snoke bomb, I jumped down from my hiding spot and took his place. I see Obito get behind Rin to get ready to cast a genjutsu. He made sure to hide himself before she sensed him though. The genjutsu was a fairly simple one where the person would see themselves bound by chains. I henged myself into an Iwa-nin and got ready to attack.

My POV

When the smoke cleared, Rin stared at the figure in front of her. He was an enemy ninja! What is an Iwa shinobi doing inside Konoha?

Suddenly, the Iwa-nin charged at her. Her hands quickly grabbed a kunai from her pouch as her other hand drew out some shuriken. She threw the shuriken at her opponent when he suddenly disappeared. Suddenly, she felt cold metal on her arms and legs while a chain wrapped itself around her torso. 

"Well, look what we have here. A Konoha kunoichi." drawled the now disguised Obito in his 'Madara' voice "What should we do to her now?"

"We are going bring her to Iwa" said Kakashi, who also disguised his voice. 

Minato had to hand it to his students that they were very good actors. It even had him believing that they were enemies if he hadn't known that this was a test. 

Rin's POV

W-what are t-they going to do? And how are there Iwa-nin inside Konoha? Damn! I'm useless like this. Now if only I could get out of these chains.....WAIT! There's a weird pulse of chakra coming off the chain. So that must mean that...IT'S A GENJUTSU! 

"KAI!" I was right. The chains disappeared and the two ninja in front of me turned to me. One of the charged forward and disappeared. 

"What the...!" I felt a presence behind me and I whipped around with a kunai. Suddenly, the ninja kicked me in the side. I gasped as the air got knocked out of me. Then, the other shinobi came up to me and placed a kunai at my neck. The cold metal bites into my skin and I close my eyes. 

I'm sorry, Obito, sensei, Kakashi. I wasn't strong enough...

My POV

A few seconds passed and Rin was still standing there with her eyes closed. The she heard a familiar voice coming from behind her.

"Rin, open your eyes. You're okay."

She opened her eyes and turned around. There, she saw Kakashi and Obito standing next to Minato. Apparently, it was Minato that spoke. He joined Kakashi and Obito when Rin closed her eyes.

"What just happened?" she asked with a confused expression. 

"That was a test to see your current level." said Kakashi. Truthfully, he hadn't expect Rin to be so out of shape. Obito also looked a bit disappointed. Rin was now looking down shamefully as she had lost. 

"Maa maa, it's alright Rin. This was why I asked Kakashi and Obito train you until the Chuunin Exams" Minato pipped cheerfully. Minato himself was a bit surprised that Rin hadn't put up a better fight. Then again, she trained herself more on medical jutsu rather than combat.

"Alright!" said Obito. "From what I can see, your taijutsu needs some serious work but your reflexes at high genin level. We also need to get rid of that habit of freezing up in battle. Your genjutsu detection needs some work as well" 

Rin nodded and swallowed a lump in her throat. She was so embarrassed and ashamed of herself but that didn't bring her down. She felt like she had to prove to him that she wasn't weak for some reason. 

"Hai! I will do better next time." she said, determination sparking in her eyes once again. She will not get left behind by her team.

"Now, we're going to work on your physical strength, speed, and stamina first." said Kakashi. He smirked. Oh, how he loved being a sensei again..."Five laps around Konoha. No lunch or dinner until you're done"

At this, Rin looked at Kakashi as if he's the devil himself. Seeing this, Kakashi smirked under his mask and glared at her. It was nothing compared to the Uchiha glare, but it was scary none the less. Rin gulped and steeled herself for whatever torture that he might put her through in the future. She ran towards the village gates and went to run her laps. Minato stared at Kakashi as if he grew three extra limbs. "WHAT! You can't be serious!" he yelled. 

"Don't worry, she can take it. I've taught a Team 7 of my own and if she's anything like one of my students then she would do just fine. She should probably achieve high chuunin level strength and stamina in about three weeks." said Kakashi and gave Obito a look. Obito nodded and ran off to find Rin to join her. 

From what Kakashi said, Minato concluded that he and Obito were the right choices in training Rin. From what he could tell, Obito would make a good teacher and Kakashi already has experience leading a group of genin. If they know what they're doing, then Minato will trust them to make Rin a strong kunoichi.

≡≡≡≡≡Over-to-Rin-and-Obito≡≡≡≡≡

Obito ran over to where Rin was. She was running her first lap around the village. From what he could see, she's determined to become stronger. Rin kept running at a steady pace and Obito joined her by her side.

"Oi, Rin!" he greeted. She turned around and smiled. "Hi Obito. I'm guessing that you're making sure that I complete the laps?"

"Yeah, something like that. Anyways, it's good that Kakashi agreed to help you. The Chuunin Exams are two months away." 

"Really? I didn't know. By the way, what happened between you and Kakashi? You two seem way more friendly towards each other. Like actual friends really." said Rin.

"You can say that. Let's just say that he saved me when I nearly lost it against a certain Uchiha" said Obito. He smiled wistfully as he though back to the few friends he made in the future. Seeing this, Rin blushed and her heart started hammering. Obito was still lost in thought while Rin's mind was running at Kaminari no Tabi speed.

'W-why am I blushing? It's just Obito! But he seems more... mature? Cool? Ah! NO WAY! I-it can't be...right? I think I'm growing a crush on him... Why him?!! I mean, I know he's funny and caring and sweet- Oh, what am I saying...'

When Rin was distracted, Obito looked over at her and smiled. She was still the same Rin that he remembered. Always caring for others. Although now he just doesn't get why her face is bright red. Maybe it was all the running? They already ran two and a half laps around the village. Oh well, he sighed, he will never understands girls. They are sometimes like a whole different species.