Rin's Training - Pt.2

Rin's POV

Sunlight streamed in from the window and I cracked my eyes open a bit. It's about five in the morning from what the clock says. My legs are still sore from yesterday's exercise. Who knew that Kakashi could be such a sadistic sensei?

I hear a tapping noise at my window so I go over and lift up the curtains. Huh? There's nobody there.

"Morning, Rin!" said a voice behind me. I grabbed the kunai on my desk and whipped around.

"What? OBITO! What are you doing here? And how did you get in here?" I asked. Obito was scratching the back of his neck and looking a bit embarrassed. Was it because he broke into my room?

"Hehe...I'm here because Kakashi asked me to get you to the training grounds and I got in using the window and some ninja stealth."

"Oh, alright. I wonder what Kakashi has planned?"

15 Minutes Later~~ 

My POV

Rin and Obito finally made it to the training grounds. Kakashi was sparring against three of his clones when he sensed them nearby. He dispelled the clones just as Rin and Obito came. This was also when Minato decided to flash to the training grounds, startling Rin. Kakashi and even Obito deadpanned at his use of the Hiraishin.

"Good morning team!" chirped the cheerful jounin. Obito shouted "Ohayo sensei!" while Rin and Kakashi each greeted him like a normal person.

"So I got Rin here now. What are we gonna do today?" asked Obito.

"Physical training Obito." answered Kakashi. Minato and Obito paled at this. Minato feared for Rin's life since Obito told how harsh him how much of a sadistic bastard Kakashi was when it came to training. Obito, however, paled because he knew that whatever Kakashi had planned was going to downright torture him for the prank he played.

"Now" said Kakashi in an eerily cheerful voice, "Rin, I want you to join Gai for his morning workout every morning starting today. Me and Obito are going to go with you so you don't die on us."

"WHAT!" exclaimed Minato, Rin, and Obito.

"Are you sure that she can handle it?" asked Minato

"Yes. Rin is capable enough and Obito and I are there in case something happens. And Obito, it's not that bad. Gai shouldn't be able to run a thousand laps around the village yet" replied Kakashi. "You should be able to handle three hundred laps and Rin only needs to run ten every morning. We're heading over to Gai and his team right now so who wants to come with me?"

Obito immediately ran to where Minato was and grabbed his arm. "No thanks! I'll go with Minato-sensei." Rin was confused as to why Obito wouldn't want to go with Kakashi but her question was answered when she was grabbed by Kakashi.

Over to Team 10 (Gai's Team) ~~~

"What a beautiful morning this is. YOSH! My flames of youth are burning bright today!"

Ebisu sweatdropped at his teammate's youthfulness and their sensei, a Hyuuga by the name of Hozuki, just facepalmed at the spandex wearing genin. Just then, a flash of yellow appeared in the clearing. When the light died down, it reveal Minato and Obito. Then Kakashi and Rin appeared in a swirl of leaves.

"WHAT! You bastard! Why didn't you tell me that you were only going to shunshin??!!" Obito screamed at Kakashi.

The silver-haired chuunin just shrugged and deadpanned and then said, "You never asked. You just assumed." Minato cut in just before a verbal fight broke out. "Maa, let's calm down and explain ourselves here."

"We're here to train with you guys!" exclaimed Obito with a huge grin on his face. Kakashi sighed at his friend's hyperactive nature and said "Specifically Gai"

" OH MY ETERNAL RIVAL I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP TEAM SEVEN'S FLAMES OF YOUTH BURN BRIGHTLY" shouted Gai. Those around him covered their ears while Kakashi gave Gai a lazy look.

"Oh? Did you say something?"

"Damn it Kakashi! You and your hip attitude!" cried Gai (Literally). At this, Obito started laughing. When he finally calmed down a bit, Minato started explaining to Hozuki what they planned. 

Minato's POV

I went over to Hozuki to explain what Kakashi and Obito planned.

"Good morning Hozuki-san. You don't mind if my team trains with yours in the morning right?" 

"Hmmm....Sounds interesting. This might actually benefit my team as well. Alright then, my team will train with your team every Monday and Wednesday until the Chuunin Exams" he said. 

All of a sudden, a green blur flew past us and into a tree. We looked over and saw Obito in a taijutsu stance. We then looked behind us and saw a very dazed looking Gai. I swear, Obito and Kakashi are total powerhouses. - Wait, is that Rin blushing? Kakashi is behind her so it isn't him... so she's staring at Obito.... 

Rin's POV

Wow, when did Obito get so...cool? I mean he just beat Gai is a taijutsu spar! And not only beat, he sent Gai flying. Something's up with Obito. There's no way that he could get this strong in only a few months.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Obito who was calling my name. Eep! His face is like only three inches away from me! 

"Hey Rin, you okay? You look like an overripe tomato right now hehe~" 

"Y-yeah... I-I'm fine Obito. So when do I start my training?" I asked. My heart is hammering in my chest right now. It's official now, I have a crush on Obito. 

Suddenly, Kakashi poofed in right in between us.

"Ahem, we have some training to do you two. You can go somewhere more private later but we really need to get something done before the sun sets." he said in a bored tone. Before any of us could say anything, he poofed away. My face grew hot again and Obito finally realized how close we were. His face flushed red and stumbled back.

"Uhh... sorry about that Rin!" 

"It's alright... so let's get training then." I said.

~And so, Team Minato spent the next two months training Rin for the upcoming Chuunin Exams~