Chapter 7

Tris pov: 16 years old

Three factions? Erudite, Abnegation, and Dauntless. I walk home trying to take in the information that The lady Tori gave me. How is this dangerous? I am so confused. I can't let this affect what faction I choose, I made a promise to myself the day that Tobias died, I will not throw away everything we have trained for. I have been going to Alley 46 everyday so now after all my practice I am as ready as I will ever be for Dauntless. I actually have muscles and abs, and instead of having a 12 year olds body I have more of a 14 year olds body. It's not great but it's better. I am not going to Alley 46 today because I leave tomorrow so I need to spend time with my family. Even though I am leaving they will still have Caleb. He was born for abnegation. To make up for losing today's exercise I run all the way home. I try to make myself presentable before I walk inside. I go upstairs to my room and look around at my things I am leaving behind. It doesn't take long because living in abnegation causes me to have very little because it is selfish to just have things to have them. I look down at my promise ring that I still wear.I can't wait to get out of here. I go down to dinner and we eat our food in silence. When we are done we hug our parents and when I hug my mom she whispers " I love you no matter what you choose." Does she know I have been training for dauntless? My dad looks at both me and Caleb and says " I know you will make the right choice." I kinda feel bad when I think ' our idea of a right choice might be a bit different' we nod our heads and me and Caleb go upstairs. Before Caleb walks into his room he says " Beatrice, when we are choosing we need to think about the family." I nod, but what he says next surprises me " but we also need to think about ourselves." He nods his head as If giving the advice to himself. Right before he closes the door I see a stack of books sitting in top of Caleb's desk. It is self-indulgent to read books so why would Caleb have piles of books in his room? I just shrug it off and walk into my room and go to sleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I wake up In the morning and remember that today is my choosing ceremony. I put on my abnegation robes and hidden underneath is a black spaghetti strapped shirt that hugs my body and black shorts. Once I am sure that my dauntless black clothes can not be seen I put my hair up in its abnegation bun. I decide to put on a little bit of black mascara so that I look

FABnegation. I walk down stairs and eat breakfast and when I am finishing up my mom pulls me to the side when dad and Caleb are preoccupied and smiles at me and tucks in the black straps that must have been peeking out. " Bea, listen to me, I am not mad at you for wanting to pick dauntless, please just be careful, I know what it's like there. It is dangerous and people will be out to get you. I can tell you weren't sick on the day of your test, and I think we both know I am right when I say that you are divergent. That makes you even more dangerous. You should probably know that I transferred from dauntless. Okay sweetheart I love you and I know you didn't really have a chance to respond to any of this, but we need to go right now." With that she walks towards the door as Caleb and Dad walk out. I hesitate before I follow.

_________________________________________________________________________________

" Caleb Prior" my brother walks up to the stage confidently and slides the knife across his hand. He doesn't hesitate to drop his blood into the Erudite bowl. I hear all the factions gasping and whispering about what just happened.

My brother.

The books.

The advice.

Everything I knew about him,

Everything he did was just one big lie.

He betrayed our family.

And I am about to do the same.

I don't even realize what I am doing until I am half way up to the stage.

I don't flinch when I run the knife down my hand.

Abnegation, Erudite, Dauntless.

I don't know If I can do this.

I look behind me into an empty seat I imagine Tobias sitting there mouthing 'I love you. " I can do this.

' I love you too' I mouth back.

I stick my hand out.

"Dauntless." I hear the whispering in the crowd and the dauntless cheers.

I am selfish

I am brave

I am a Traitor

Yayyyy!! Longish chapter!!! Tris is now dauntless! I will update ASAP!!!!

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns divergent!