Chapter 11

So I decided to update right now because I am in a 4 hour drive.

Yippee!😒 ughhh well I guess I am getting extra writing in :)

Disclaimer: The amazing Veronica Roth owns divergent.

Tris pov:

I pull back from Toby's embrace to see that he has a troubled look on his face. " what is it?" I ask already nervous.

" okay, there is something I have to tell you, but you can't flip out okay?" He says. I hesitantly nod my head. " I think that Erudite is planning war on abnegation." He says looking at me waiting for a reaction. " why?" I ask trying to stay calm. " well Erudite think that they are keeping the food that they are supposed to give to the Factionless. They also want power instead of Abnegation." I slowly nod taking the information in. " how would they overthrow abnegation? They don't have any fighters! Only the Dauntless can fight! They can't make us!" I say getting louder and louder. " yes they can, they are making serums that are powerful enough to create a whole army." He whisper-yells. " this is bad.... Really bad." I say calming myself down. Then I realize something " Tobias, if I attack abnegation.... That's where my parents are..... And Caleb is helping the Erudite.... Both of their kids would be betraying everything they taught us. We would betray them." I say getting lost for words.

Tobias pulls me into a hug and I return it. I stare off into a space just thinking maybe the dauntless can do something before the war happens to stop it. I suddenly feel a sting on my face. I reach up and grab it. I look at Tobias and he says "TRIS! Ugh finally! I have been calling you for over five minuets, first I called your name, then I tickled you, then I slapped you-"

" you slapped me?!" I exclaim. " I kind of had to, you weren't responding. And see now you are!" He says. I sigh and try to hold back a smile, but fail. He smiles back down. He comes close that his lips are grazing over mine an says

" Hey Bea" he is teasing me and I will NOT be teased. I press my lips to his.

For a few minutes we kiss, deep in the chasm, with the roar of water all around us. And we rise, hand in hand, I realize that if we had both chosen differently, we might have ended up doing the same thing, in a safer place, in gray clothes instead of black ones.