v. being tough isn't all that great

CHAPTER FIVE.
[ v. being tough isn't all that great ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

     GRACE VANDERWAAL'S EYES widened as she heard a familiar scream, not too far away from Sadie's house. "We need to go after her!" Grace shrieked as she ran towards the door.

     "No!" Jaeden shouted as he ran after her. He grabbed her wrist and stopped her from touching the doorknob. Grace quickly kept glancing at him, then back at the group. She started shaking her head then dropped to the ground.

     "This isn't real. This isn't real," she kept repeating softly to herself. Tears started streaming down her face and looked up at the teenagers, who were conflicted. "I-I don't know where my parents are. I don't know where my sister is. I'm alone! And I'm gonna die, just like Millie! Sadie-." Grace stopped herself, but just carried on crying. But, she was no where near how Sadie felt.

     Sadie felt sick to her stomach. Her being the reason of an innocent life, dying. She was to blame, and she'll have to live with that for the rest of her life. Well, if she lives to be that old.

/ TEXTING /

( to everyone )

unknown number: I suggest from now on, nobody leaves this house unless I tell you to. You may be asking about your relatives.

unknown number: In this game, you're actually in a game. Your family members, don't even know you exist. But, when one of you win, everything will go back to normal. But you'll have to remember it for the rest of your life.

unknown number: You all play by MY rules! Nobody used to listen to me, they will now. I wish you all the best of luck.

     They all finished reading the texts they got. "My sister?" Noah asked hesitantly, puzzled. "Wait, so if I die, will she remember me?" Finn's eyes went wide and looked at the others, wanting to hear an answer. Because truthfully, he missed his brother, he won't know if he'll ever see him again. "Please! Someone tell me!" Noah pleaded loudly, tearing up.

     "I-I don't know!" Sadie cried back. Jack huffed and saw down on the couch, next to Wyatt, who was trying to think of who was possibly behind this.

     "So, we can't leave?" Jack questioned, Wyatt shook his head. "Dammit, I need a smoke."

     "You're like, fourteen," Finn sighed, secretly ridiculing him.

     "So?" Jack questioned as he got up from the couch and walked towards him. "I don't give a shit."

     "I don't care if you give a shit or not. You're an immature, try hard." Jack chuckled at Finn's statement, because he knew he was right.

     "Guys," Jaeden cut in as he tried to handle the situation, "we can't be fighting right now."

     "This isn't a fight. But it can be." Jack cocked his head to the side, a mischievous grin on his face, making Finn roll his eyes.