x. is it over?

CHAPTER TEN.
[ x. is it over? ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

     WYATT TRIED TO hold onto the dead girl, but was pulled back Caleb. He caught his breath and looked at Lilia, who was crying hysterically. "You did this," he exclaimed out of anger. "You did this to her!"

     "Don't scream at her!" Jaeden shouted defensively.

     "Your girlfriend killed Maddie! Don't tell me what to do Jaeden. She-" he paused, "killed her because all she thinks about is herself." Jaeden turned towards Lilia, who's eyes were wide.

     "Is this true?" He asked hesitantly, the girl slowly nodded. Jaeden's mouth dropped and acted like he was disgusted. He moved away towards her sight, making her eyes get even more glossy.

     "It was the only way," Lilia cried and sniffled, trying to stop herself from crying.

     "No, no it wasn't! You're just as bad as he is." Wyatt felt tears streaming down his cheeks. Just then, he noticed something in the corner of his eye. She was disappearing.

     "Guys' . . ." Sophia trailed off as she watched as Maddie disappeared into thin air. Everyone was silent as the watched the body of the girl float away, everyone shocked and scared

     "W-Where did she go?" Grace asked hesitantly. Wyatt went over to where the brunette was laying and fell to his knees.

     "I don't know," he softly gasped, confused and scared into what just happened.

     "We need to stop this game," Chosen informed, making people nod.

     "But how?" Sadie asked as she glanced at Noah, who was beginning to wake up. Grace took notice of this and ran over to him.

     "Don't move," she instructed as she ran towards the boy to try and help him.

     "What? What's happening?" Noah croaked out as he adjusted his focus to everyone.

     "Maddie is dead," Wyatt exclaimed, tears still coming down his cheeks. "And it's all Lilia's fault." The guilty girl shut her eyes tight and continued to sob.

     "How many of us are left?" Noah asked as he tried to sit up.

     "Twelve," Jeremy answered disappointingly.

     "Someone needs to go back out there. Maybe if we kill him, this will end once and for all," Chosen explained as he went over to the kitchen. "And that's exactly what I'm gonna do."

     "Chosen, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Sadie asked as she ran over to him. "That's a suicide mission."

     "If I can outsmart him, maybe this will end," he whispered, making sure the guy didn't hear. Chosen was lucky, he didn't hear.

     "It should be me going out there," Sadie added, becoming guilty.

     "It should, but who's stronger?" She looked at the ground then back up at Chosen. "Exactly. Now, do you have a gun?" The ginger reluctantly nodded as she went into the back room.