Chapter X - Family Day

"Y/n!" Shintaro calls.

"What?"

It is already winter season and Shintaro, is playing for the Winter Cup Preliminaries. But for the past weeks, Shintaro was gaining some admirers.

"Someone gave me another one." He said.

"Do you like the girl?" I asked.

We were talking through phone since my one month of being grounded is already over.

"No." He paused. "Should I ignore?"

"Why ask me when you already have an option?" I said annoyingly.

"Sorry, I just spaced out the moment I recieved it."

After the phone call, I went to the SC office to finish some paperworks. When I opened the door, Seijuro was there.

"Y/n. It's been a long time." He coldly said.

"Indeed. What are you doing here?" I went to my desk. "Aren't you supposed to be practicing by now?" I mumbled as I scanned through the papers.

"I'm taking this opportunity to talk to you." He walked towards my desk.

"About what?" I started reading one of the papers.

"During the outing."

"Well, speak of it." I signed one of the papers. "Because, clearly," I paused and then looked at him. "I'm busy."

"Look, I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't mean to scare you. You could've said so, aside from escaping the outing. That made us all worried. Please, Y/n." He explained.

"Are you done?" I set the papers down.

"Yes." He gingerly waited. "Forgive me?"

"Well, my answer depends on your game." I said. "Since Winter Cup is coming up, and our school is most likely the strongest. If your team wins, I will forgive you. And if not, it's back to Akashi-san." I proposed.

He smirked. "You better forgive me ahead of time, because we are already winning." He confidently said.

After the conversation, I continued doing my work. Seijuro left to practice while I, on the other hand, is reading the papers.

Throughout the papers, I came across the proposal letter, about the Family Day. So they have decided to hold the activity on xx day, Friday, for the freshmen. I hope Otō-san will join. But I doubt it. He never attended any school activities.

"Hey there, L/n-san!" It was Kureo, lively as ever.

"Ah Kureo-senpai. Hi, what are you doing here?" I looked at him for a while and went back to the papers.

"Just picking up the money we collected for the Family Day." He went to Yumi's desk.

"Oh, need any assistance?"

"Nah, no need. I can handle this." He smiled while carrying the box filled with the collection.

"Okay then." I reluctantly continue my work the moment Kureo stepped out the office.

ring~...

I immediately answer my phone the moment it ringed. "L/n speaking, who is this?"