Chapter XII - Missing Years

12 years later...

I stepped outside the private plane along with my parents and sister. It's been twelve years since I last went to Japan.

"Y/n!"

I looked around to see who the voice is from. "Shintaro!" I holler back at the green-haired male. I started walking fast at him before giving him a big embrace.

"Welcome home." He greeted.

"Want to join us for lunch? I'm sure Father will be happy." I invited.

As we were dining, Shintaro kept on talking about his lucky item that got lost. I sighed in disbelief, "Shintaro, you're using your lucky item." I pointed at the fork he was using.

"Nanodayo?!" I slightly chuckled at his reaction.

"Y/n, you have a meeting with the Hiroshi's by 2 o'clock." Father reminded.

"Yes, of course. If you'll excuse me, I'm going ahead." I stood up and directed my gaze to Shintaro, "We'll do the catching up later. Bye." I bowed before leaving them to finish.

1:53 p.m.

"Welcome back, Miss Y/n." The white-haired female greeted.

"Thank you, Inari." I nod at her greetings, "Where are they?"

"Conference Room 1, Miss."

"Is he there...?" I said while pacing towards the conference.

"I'm afraid so." Inari gingerly replied.

"We'll manage." I sighed.

「Timeskip: Evening」

ring~... ring~...

"L/n speaking, who is this?" I answered the device.

"For the gazillion times, learn how to look at your screen." Shintaro annoyingly retorted.

"Sorry, I got used to it. Anyways, what do you want?"

"Can you accompany me to a party later this evening?" He asked.

This seems familiar.

"Okay sure, I'll get dressed in a few." I said while pressing a certain button.

"I'll pick you up, 8:00, sharp." He said after ending our call.

After the call, a maid knocked on the door. "Come in."

"You ringed, Miss Y/n?" She entered before bowing.

"Yes, prepare me one of my best formal attire I have." I ordered as I entered the bathroom.

After preparing, Shintaro came exactly 8:00, to pick me up.

"Good evening, Shintaro." I greeted.

"You look rather dashing tonight, Y/n." He complimented at my appearance, wearing a white jumpsuit paired with a golden belt and a pair of black pumps, hair styled in a (updo style).

"Well, that's an L/n for you." I recited my usual line.

After the ride, we stepped outside, now standing in front of a five-star rated hotel. "What party are we attending right now?"

"A birthday party." He informed.

"May I ask who the celebrant is?"

"Akashi Seijuro." He looked at me before giving me a hand upon climbing up the stairs.

That name, it's been a long time since I heard that name... But why does my heart wring to the sound of that name?

"Hello, Midorima-kun." Shintaro surprisingly jumped upon hearing that voice.