A new guy

y/n's pov

i run, i run as far as i can while tears stream down my face. i'm so dumb for thinking that diane would like me back anyway. while running i didn't see a root sticking out from the ground and trip landing on my face scratching myself up a bit in the process.

"are you okay?" a male voice questions and i look up to see a dirty blonde haired boy  with dark blue eyes.

"y-yeah i'm fine." i reply quietly.

he crouches down and gently touches my face that is covered in mud. he seems concerned "what's your name?" he asks.

"y-y/n and you are?" i respond uncertainly.

"jackson" he says and he wipes some dirt off my face. "let's get you cleaned up alright?" he says his voice sounding like honey, sweet and smooth. i nod and get up using him for support. he walks helping me and we get to a small cabin in the middle of the woods. he leads me inside and sets me on a chair. while he grabs some stuf to clean me up i faintly hear from outside my name. 

"y/n" it speaks, diane. her voice is usually booming so how far in the woods are we.

jackson comes back with a wet washcloth and gently cleans up my scrapes bandaging them up as well. "you okay?" he questions. i nod not really paying attention to what he's saying.

"y/n?!?" diane says louder now, she's closer.

"who's looking for you?" jackson asks.

"diane, a friend of mine." i say barely audible.

"is she the one who hurt you?" he continues.

"no, someone was confessing their love to her. it hurt to hear but then they lashed out at me calling me an idiot along with my other friends. diane was the only reason he stayed here and he said he wished i was slaughtered with my family." i speak quietly my voice shaking as i hold back tears. jackson sits next to me and pulls me closer humming.

"y/n!?!" i hear diane yell but i don't listen to her i listen to jackson's heartbeat. slow and steady, almost hypnotizing. i slowly drift off to sleep.

diane's pov

i try calling her name but it doesn't work well. i can't see where she went and she's not responding to my calls. i'm getting worried as i continue my search. i yell her name some more as i feel my eyes begin to water.

"y-y/n!!" i yell once more desperate to find her by now "y/n i'm sorry! I-I," i stammer on my next words "I LOVE YOU!" i yell and fall crying next to a tree. i just want to see her again. i love her but i never noticed until now.