The Fight

diane's pov

since that night i have noticed all the things i love about king. the way he is always thinking about others and safety of everyone. his face always flushing is so cute. i smile and chat with him for the rest of the night and majority of the next few days.

"diane?!?" i hear y/n ask a tint of worry and annoyance.

"yes y/n?" i ask and gaze down at her. i notice that the fur on her ears and tail is on end and the e/c orbs are holding back tears.

"you seem different. is something wrong?" she question looking up at me anxiously.

"no everything is perfectly fine. why so you ask?"

"well it seems off that you're so clingy and talkative to king. you've been ignoring everyone else kinda." she explains in a timid voice.

"well of course. i mean he's so cute and amazing and caring" i begin. i get cut off by y/n scoffing and i look down at her. "what?"

"he's not that caring. i'm sorry but i've met people who are more caring" she says and i glare. "not to mention you've been hanging around him so much and kinda ignoring me. i mean i'm not trying to be clingy but you haven't really talked to me in 2 weeks. it's kinda lonely having to deal with ban's idiocy alone and i miss being close." she states.

"well you belong with ban. i love king, i was talking to him and we're actually dating. i was crazy to ever think of dating you. i mean a fox girl" i laugh at the thought and look down at her again to see some tears falling, "not to say you aren't a great person because you are. just not my type you know?" i add quickly. y/n quickly turns around and runs into the tavern.

y/n's pov

i run into the tavern crying and head for the stairs. i get stopped by elizabeth and she makes me walk calmly humming and rubbing my back. once upstairs i collapse on a bed and elizabeth holds me.

"what's wrong?" she asks in her soothing and high pitched voice.

"i think i'm over reacting but diane and i just had a fight. she's been all over king and they're now dating. she said she was crazy for thinking i was her type. i was crazy for thinking we would be good together." i explain and begin rocking myself on the bed

"oh y/n i think she'll see how amazing you are soon. king isn't the best to express his feelings. he has been getting sorta er better but he still has a bit to go." elizabeth says as she tries to hold me still. i cry into her my hands while rocking back and forth trying to be soothed by elizabet's words but y mind won't take a rest to soak in the meanings of what she is saying.

all i can think of is how diane hates me. i'm never going to be with her again. she loves king and i don't know what i did. i'm a freak being part fox. i wish i was normal or giant so i could be with her forever. i'm so clingy. no wonder she doesn't like me. i need to change and get her back. hopefully i can do that.