Chapter 1

Jeongguk

I always wondered what it would be like if I just became a mute. I never spoke to anyone other than my mom, really.

People at school judged me because of my major stutter and hearing deficiency. It's all because of this stupid tumor in my brain.

It's really a long story to tell that started about when I was 8 I'm now almost 17. So close to 10 years of this torture.

I'm about to begin my junior year in high school, and that still scares me. I'm able to drive, but I prefer walking. Plus it gives me time to think about the day ahead; which is what I'm currently doing.

Walking with earbuds wrapped around my ears, since I can't put them in my ear because of my hearing aids, and book bag in hand I come to the front of the school. Breathing in a harsh breath I push open the high school door and begin my hunt for my first class.
Even though class doesn't start for another good 25 minutes, it doesn't hurt to get a head start. Reaching my class I find a seat to the back and pull out a book and start reading.

"Jeongguk."

"Jeongguk."

"Jeon Jeongguk!" My head shot up at my teachers voice calling my name. I was in my last class for the day and evidently it was over already because nobody was in the room anymore.

"S-sorry ma-ma'am," I bow. "I-I didn't re-realize class was o-over." I gather my things and start towards the door bowing again at my teacher before turning the opposite direction of her. Her lips move as she is saying something, but I can't hear her, but I wait for her to finish. And I walk out. My hearing aids must have cut out, which is why I was able to hear her yelling my name to get my attention verses just speaking it.

It's time for a checkup.

[A/N]
Unedited
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!
<3