Epilogue

I know this has taken forever but I have gone through some serious personal issues... hopefully this will satisfy my readers
——————

3 Years Later

It's been three years since Jeongguk had surgery. The recovery was extremely difficult, having to adjust to being blind and using other senses. He went through multiple physical therapy appointments.

It's crazy. It's crazy how one minute you're deaf and a tumor takes your brain, then the next you're alive and only suffer from loss of vision.

Well that's not entirely true. Jeongguk suffers from many other things. Since the brain was a donor, he suffers from the fact that it's not *his* brain.

Sometimes he will wake up with slight amnesia, sometimes he falls into a seizure, sometimes he wakes up in paralysis for a couple of hours.

There is no telling when and where any of these will occur. Jeongguk hates it. Hates how sometimes he wakes up terrified of the shadow of the man in front of him because he has no idea who he is.

Sometimes Jeongguk wakes up not able to move and screams for Taehyung because he is absolutely terrified that he will never be able to move again.

Sometimes he looses conscientiousness and wakes up in a hospital with needles stuck in his arms and electro-pads stuck to his chest and temples.

It absolutely terrifies him.

He spent a lot of time sitting at his bed learning brail. Taehyung had been a huge help for him. Honestly, Jeongguk thinks if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't be here. He would've ended it a long time ago. The boy encourages him to be better, he never stops loving him, and helps him with everything. He is even learning brail with Jeongguk to make him feel better about it.

Ms. Jeon was able to get the two boys a small apartment not to far from her house. (So she could visit often, of course.) She was constantly visiting the two, always making food, bringing gifts; she gave them anything that could be of help to them.

Taehyung got a job working at a small restaurant around the corner from where they lived. He got payed decent for it, enough to pay for groceries and other stuff. He enjoyed working there, it was very family-friendly oriented; something Taehyung is very fond of.

Jeongguk constantly has moments where he gets depressed. He always thinks about being able to see. What would happen if he never got the surgery. Would he still be alive right now? How would he be surviving this?

He has also been given the chance to see again. He is on the list for a donor. Since that surgery is way easier than brain surgery, he took up the offer.

Taehyung and him have gone over the things that could and could not happen, which is what they are doing right now.

Jeongguk and Taehyung are in the hospital waiting for the doctor to call them back to talk about the procedure. Jeongguk sits in a wheel chair, while Taehyung sits in front of him on a plastic chair.

"Baby, I don't see why you want to go through with this. You already go through so much as it is. Being able to see and it only being temporary is a whole other story," Taehyung exasperates. He reaches for the younger's hands and squeezes.