Chapter 10

I really hope they are actually dating tbvh

Jeongguk had never learned sign language. He never saw the need too.

His doctor told him that he would always be able to hear, and if he did loose his hearing that it wouldn't be too bad. He would still be able to hear faint sounds of things going on around him.

Well, three years after they found out about Jeongguk's tumor he went deaf.

Completely. And if only got worse from there; if thats even possible.

At first, he was in denial about it. Saying he could hear when he actually couldn't. People would call his name and he wouldn't turn to them. He would just say he wasn't paying attention.

After a year of denial, Jeongguk accepted the fact that he could no longer hear and he got hearing aids.

But his stutter has always been with him, almost since he has been able to talk. He was around the age of 4 when everyone mainly noticed the stuttering. Ms. Jeon noticed that it was a slow appearing stutter, so it would only come in waves.

Nobody thought anything of it until Jeongguk turned 8. Ms. Jeon and her husband had been talking about if his stutter was just that, a stutter. They soon took him to a doctor and found out the actual reason of his stutter. It was a tumor.

At the time, it was only the size of about a grape. The doctor had said Jeongguk has had the tumor since he was born it just didn't develop until a few years ago. Although, he couldn't know for sure because he had never seen Jeongguk before to track the said tumor.

The doctor also said that it would be detrimental, or he hopes not. Again, he cant know for sure unless he keeps track of it. For the next 9 years of his life he has to go every month to see his doctors, get MRI scans, get stronger hearing aids.

Jeongguk never understood the reason behind seeing his doctors until he turned 14. His parents kept it a secret, really. Ms. Jeon told Jeongguk that the reason behind his parents divorce was because her husband was cheating on her, but that wasn't the case until Jeongguk saw the pictures of his brain, and how his stuttering became worse, and how his hearing even became worse.

Jeongguk had told himself he was a lost cause on more than one occasion. Which is why he is where he is now. Crying in the boys bathroom.

Jeongguk skipped lunch because he had lost his appetite. But mainly because he looked like a beaten up punching bag.

Raegan and his posey decided to take another tole on him and beat him to the ground, rip out his hearing aids and break them.

Jeongguk could only replay what he saw from the ground with blurred vision. Raegan kicking him in the stomach, screaming at him, and finally what he didnt want to see. Raegan ripping his hearing aids from the back of his ear and ripping the wires apart.

"You worthless piece of shit!"
"You can't even hear, so go die."
"You're a freak."
"Nobody likes you. Remember that."
"Stutter freak."
"Go kill yourself. Nobody would care anyways."

Those comments hit Jeongguk hard. Harder than being told he was already dying. He didn't understand why he needed to be the one punished for having a condition. He never deserved this.

He walked out of the stall he was in and look over his reflection. The only word that ran through him mind. Disgusting. He had a small cut on his bottom lip, his left cheekbone, and on his right temple. He lifted his shirt and revealed two large bruises spread across his back, one on his side, and one on his sternum.

I can at least cover the ones under my shirt. Jeongguk had to think of a reason for his cuts on his face. The boy gave up his attempts at a reason and looked at the time on his phone. He had already missed 30 minutes of his class but decided to go anyways. He pulled his hood over his head and walked to his class.

He knocked on the door of the class and walked in. He wasn't sure if the teacher had said if he could come in or not since he couldn't hear him. Jeongguk walked in and immediately bowed.

"I-I'm sorry s-sir for coming i-in l-late. It w-won't happen a-again." The ravenette stood back up straight and stared at the teachers lips moving. 'It's fine. Just go to your seat, Mr. Jeon. Just make sure this is the last time.'

Jeongguk kept his head low until he remembered he shared this class with Taehyung; and this was one of those classes he sat across the room from Jeongguk. The blonde looked at the younger desperate for him to look up, and to his surprise he wasn't expecting what he got.

Yes, Jeongguk looked up. But he had a smile on his face, as well as small cuts indented to his face. Taehyung's eyes just stared at the boy walking to his seat and even until class was over, not once taking his eyes off Jeongguk. He had to know why he skipped lunch and why he showed up late to class.

The ravenette didn't pay attention to the teacher at all during class, because his mind was focusing on what he would tell his mom. After class was over Jeongguk slowly packed his things forgetting Taehyung was in this class as well.

'Jeongguk.'

'Jeongguk.'

'Are you ignoring me?' Taehyung stood opposite of Jeongguk's desk. The ravenette didn't see the older approach him until he saw his feet in front of his face from leaning down. Jeongguk immediately pulled his hood over his head and tried to avoid Taehyung's questions, but the older had forced him to look at him.

"Jeongguk. What the hell happened to you?" Taehyung is looking at the ravenette's eyes searching for some sort of answer while Jeongguk is staring at Teahyung's lips. "No-nothing. D-don't worry a-about i-it."

"You're staring at my lips Jeongguk. Unless you suddenly turned gay for me, I'd say you're reading my lips." Taehyung glared at Jeongguk looking for answers in his eyes. The older eventually cupped Jeongguk's face with his hands behind his ears. "Where are your hearing aids?"

Jeongguk only snatched his head from the older's grip, grabbed his bag, and walked out of his class with Taehyung running after him. They had one class left but with the way Jeongguk was acting Taehyung didn't want to leave him. Since the ravenette had ignore the older's question he could only find out one way and that was to text Jimin.

Taehyung
I saw Jeongguk.

Jimin
Really? What happened?
Is he okay?

Taehyung
He had cuts on his face.
And his hearing aids were gone.

Jimin
What the hell?

Taehyung
I tried to ask him but he just ignored me and walked to his next class.
I know he got what I said though because he tensed up pretty quickly after I asked it.

Jimin
Idk what would have happened. You know more than me since y'all actually have had meaningful conversations.
Talk to his mom maybe? I'm not much help.
Sorry Taehyung.

Taehyung
Nah don't apologize.
Jeongguk is pretty closed off because of the way he is.
Us 6 are his first and only friends anyways. So it's to be expected he is like this.
I just wish he would let me in.

Jimin
He will soon.
Jeongguk will learn he can trust us and he will let us in about what he is going through.
Don't rush it Tae. Be patient.

Taehyung
Thanks. I will.
And I will also go over and talk to his mom sometime today.

[A/N]
Unedited
1300 words ? Holy crappppp
Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
A little back story on Jeongguk.
Anyways don't for comment and vote!
I purple y'all
<3