Chapter Two

The house was silent, nothing barely made a sound except for the air conditioner in his own room. He played with his pen, tossing it from his left to right hand, clicking on the annoying pushing button then back to his right hand.

He could've bit the pen but he didn't want his parents buying him a new one, that he knows, will be expensive. So much for being an only child. He could do nothing but stare at the blank white sheet on top of his wooden desk, waiting for an ink to be marked on it.

"The master and the mistress is home!"

The short male rushed outside his room to the front door where there stood his parents and his cousin, "Seokmin!"

"Hello Jihoonie~"

Jihoon's mother faked a cough, "Uh huh, greeting someone else first other than your mother. I'm now sad." She playfully says with a frown as her husband could only flash a fond smile at her.

Jihoon frowned the same way in mocker then turned it into a smile, giving his mother a tight hug. "Don't be sad now, Mom. Good evening, welcome home. Grandma and I prepared dinner for all of us and good thing we prepared plus two incase you brought in some guests— And guess what, you did."

Seokmin poked his head in with a betrayed expression which made Jihoon laughed. His mother giggled then planted a kiss on his forehead, "Come, let's eat. Honey, do enjoy the meal while I look for my slip-ons."

"Go on, darling. If you need help, just call me." Mr. Lee says, placing a small peck on his wife's cheek as she blushed in pink.

Seokmin and Jihoon looked at each other, rolling their eyes then made their way to the dinning room. They were met with their grandmother, sitting on one of the chairs, waiting for them as they assumed. "Oh Seokmin, my dear boy, my my you have grown so well. How are you?"

The tall male bowed then smiled widely at her, "I'm doing well. How about you, grandma? Are you not getting tired form all this helping in cooking?"

"I'm telling you, Jihoonie has been a very good boy. Skilled in almost all household chores, except for cleaning the dishes, he's very lazy in doing it—"

"Ma!"

"—that he did most of the work in cooking all by himself. Oh, I'm not forgetting the part that he's afraid of the splashing oil."

Seokmin chuckled as he turned to look at his older cousin, sitting down on the left side of the table.

Soon, his parents went to sit with them. Thye all started eating. As usual, they don't really talk about anything during dinner as they believe that someone might choke on their own food from talking or hearing a specific topic. Be respectful, they say.

Dinner was finished fast and Seokmin insisted on bringing the dishes to the sink and wash them. Keyword, insisted so the other four couldn't ask him not to. Jihoon was about to walk up back into his room when his father called him.

He stated, "Living room in 5 minutes."

Jihoon nodded and smiled at him before proceeding into his room.

×××

"Oh..." —it was hard to process

"So you mean, like," —he exhaled.

"—I'll be... going, physically going to school?"

Jihoon lifted his head up to look at his parents and cousin sitting infront of him.

His father hummed, "Yes. You've been kept here since last year of highschool. So, why not go out this time?"

Jihoon smiled sweetly at his parents, bowing down his head while playing with his fingers. He then confessed, "It's scary. It's been so long since I've ever been with lots of people."

"Don't worry. Seokmin will be attending the same school so you won't be alone."

"Really?"

His eyes lit up, sparkling in excitement as he looked at Seokmin, who was always been there for him both as a younger and older brother rather than cousin. If he has to be honest, Seokmin is always his favorite cousin.

Seokmin screamed excitedly with a high voice, "Yes!"

"So, next semester?"

Jihoon smiled at his parents, "I'm looking forward to attending classes face to face."