two

"i can't believe it's graduation day already. time really does fly when you're having fun, doesn't it, wonnie?"

"it seems like only yesterday you confessed to me while intoxicated." hyungwon teases, smiling and looking at minhyuk who's currently standing next to him in his graduation gown, almost glowing due to how utterly content he looks.

everyone around them is in the same attire as well, taking celebratory pictures with friends and family; the two of them are some of the few people not able to take pictures with their family (minhyuk's parents are too busy at home maintaining their small family business, meanwhile hyungwon's parents aren't even in the country to begin with).

"so, now that we've both got our degrees," minhyuk pipes up, turning to hyungwon. "what do we do now? i mean, we both live in seoul, so distance won't be a big problem, but it's still kind of sad how we'll be living apart."

"actually..." hyungwon trails off, trying to find the right way to form his next sentence into proper words. "i talked to my parents, and they said we could live together in a spare house that they haven't been using. and i heard that there's also a really nice flower shop on the same street which happens to be in need of a helping hand."

minhyuk's jaw drops, and his mouth hangs open in shock. hyungwon's about to wave his hand in front of the former to snap him out of his daze, but he seems to come to his senses.

"oh my gosh. oh my gosh!" minhyuk squeals, tackling hyungwon into a tight hug out of pure ecstasy. "thank you so much, wonnie. this is amazing. no, it's more than amazing. it's... it's- wait. i'm not dreaming, am i?" he steps back, pinching his own cheek and letting out a small 'ow!' of pain, before grinning at hyungwon, now knowing that he's very much wide awake.

hyungwon chuckles, ruffling minhyuk's hair. "there's no need to thank me. but i think i have to inform you first that the house is in daegu, so taking frequent trips to seoul won't be easy."

"as long as i'm with you, i don't need anything else." minhyuk grins, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "but what about your job? i'm sure you don't want to arrange flowers all day long with me, right?"

"i'll just have to audition at every agency i can until someone accepts me," hyungwon laughs. "with my visuals, it'll be hard to not get accepted."

"if i had the heart to keep pursuing the acting path, i bet everyone would be begging for me to join their agency." minhyuk pushes hyungwon's shoulder playfully.

"i can believe that," hyungwon agrees, and minhyuk's smile grows even wider. the latter's focus is momentarily drawn to a crowd of people, and he recognizes them as their classmates.

"oh, wonnie, they're taking a group picture! why didn't they tell us? come on, we can't be left out!" minhyuk grabs hold of hyungwon's hand, towing him towards the direction. it slightly reminds him of the first day he arrived at the university, when he and minhyuk embarked on a self-proclaimed 'wild adventure' (also known as a tour around the university buildings).

no matter what, he's glad minhyuk ended up being his roommate.

"that's the last box, right?"

"i hope so, i'm exhausted."

minhyuk drops himself onto the couch that they've placed inside the living room, absolutely worn out from carrying the boxes that contain all of his and hyungwon's belongings. scratch that; the past few weeks of packing, cleaning, moving, and even more cleaning has completely drained him of his energy.

"i think we can unpack all of these as we start to get a hold of things. at least we've already taken care of the important stuff like the couch and the bed." hyungwon joins him on the couch, smiling when minhyuk leans his head on his shoulder. "it's getting late, we should probably get some rest. after all, tomorrow we're visiting the flower shop i told you about."

minhyuk gasps, lifting his head up. "i almost forgot about that. dibs on the upstairs bathroom!" he dashes up the stairs, all previous fatigue now forgotten.

"what difference do the upstairs and downstairs bathroom have?" hyungwon calls out after him, puzzled.

"this one's bigger!" he hears minhyuk's faint voice yell back.

hyungwon shakes his head, chuckling to himself. minhyuk's strange, unique way of thinking would never fail to bring a smile to his face. it's one of the many reasons why he was so undeniably in love with him.

come to think of it, just how lucky did he have to be, for the boy he loved to love him back? for them to be living in a house together, keeping each other close company and giving each other warmth just by their presence alone.

this is nice, he concludes.

after minhyuk successfully landed himself a job at the flower shop down the street, hyungwon has been looking for an agency ever since. it's only the third one he's auditioned at, when he finally receives the news via text message on his phone.

"minhyuk." hyungwon says, the moment he's stepped foot into their house. minhyuk's in the middle of preparing the table for dinner (they mutually agreed that it would be minhyuk who cooked, ever since that one time hyungwon tried to prepare ramen) when hyungwon suddenly wraps his arms around his waist from behind, pressing his cheek against his hair and softly inhaling the rosy scent.

"yes, wonnie?"

even though hyungwon's eyes are closed, he can hear the loving smile in minhyuk's voice.

"i got the job."

before hyungwon knows it, minhyuk's already holding his hands in his own, bouncing up and down happily.

"i'm so happy for you, wonnie. i knew you could do it!" minhyuk cups hyungwon's cheeks in his hands, pulling him closer to press his lips on the latter's. "this gives us a reason to celebrate!"

at the sight of minhyuk being so delighted, hyungwon gives a knowing smile, helping him take out the wine bottle that they saved specifically for special occasions and two wine glasses along with it.

while they eat sitting across from each other, hyungwon pays close attention to minhyuk's stories about what happened today at the shop, what kind of customers he had met, and that one cute little boy who insisted on buying a rainbow-colored rose. they even watch a movie after they're finished, sharing a blanket and curling up together (although honestly, they're both more focused on the other person rather than the actual movie itself).

soon, the night ends with emptied wine glasses, tangled up sheets, and endless whisperings of "i love you"s, yet each single one not any less heartfelt than the last.