eleven

DAY FIVE

hyungwon feels himself being lightly shaken awake, and the first thing he sees when he's finally willing to open his eyes is minhyuk's eyes staring right back at him with an eager twinkle in them.

"good morning..." he mutters, sitting up and stretching lazily. "where are we going today?"

minhyuk grins, with childlike anticipation.

"we're going to the amusement park."

before they even walk through the entrance, they can already hear the delighted squeals of children and teenagers alike on a wild assortment of rollercoasters. minhyuk is jumping up and down with excitement, pulling hyungwon by his hand to let him walk faster.

"can we please go on that?" minhyuk points, and hyungwon's gaze follows the direction of where his fingertip is leading, settling on the most terrifying-looking gyro drop he's ever seen.

his mouth opens and closes, his words dying in his throat.

"i'll take that as a yes," minhyuk says. "come on!"

"i'm starting to think this is a bad idea." hyungwon's hands feel clammy when he grips on tightly to the safety straps, his insides tingling as the ride reaches its highest point.

"if you ask me, this is the best idea yet." minhyuk swings his legs freely, and hyungwon starts a mental countdown in his head.

three.

two.

one-

they freefall, and hyungwon's screams of terror mix with minhyuk's laughs of pure glee.

hyungwon's knees nearly buckle when they get off of the gyro drop, and he has to lean on minhyuk to be able to walk.

"that was fun," a smile creeps onto minhyuk's face when he realizes the similarities between hyungwon and a baby deer. "do you want to go again?"

"no!" hyungwon shouts, a little too loudly. he clears his throat, feeling his cheeks fire up. he unwraps his arm from around minhyuk's shoulder, finding himself able to stand properly. "uh, i mean... we should probably go on other things first."

"other things, you say?" minhyuk looks around, gasping when he sees something. "the pirate ship!"

"the... pirate ship." hyungwon looks up at the pirate ship, standing tall and proud. he sighs in defeat. "sure."

"i want to sit in the first row." minhyuk pulls hyungwon towards one end of the ship. "it's more exciting this way."

you mean more traumatizing, hyungwon wants to correct him.

the safety bar lowers itself, and hyungwon grabs onto it as the ship starts to rock back and forth, gaining momentum.

"it feels like i'm flying," minhyuk states with a laugh, throwing his hands up into the air.

"if this is what flying feels like, then i never want to fly-" hyungwon starts to speak, but his sentence ends with him dragging out the last word in a sharp cry, and he buries his face in minhyuk's chest.