twelve

❀  

it's the morning of the sixth day, and hyungwon's already packed up all of his things last night so that he'd be ready to leave at any time. with heavy footsteps and a feeling in his heart that just won't go away, he walks down the stairs to see minhyuk standing near the door.

"good morning," he says, once he notices hyungwon's presence walking up from behind him. he turns around so that they're facing each other, and hyungwon sees his red eyes and wet cheeks, and the tear stains on the table, showing that he had been crying.

"good morning.."

minhyuk's eyes travel downwards, landing on his bag. "i take it you won't stay for breakfast?"

"i.. don't think it would be the wisest choice. hoseok's waiting for me at h-" hyungwon's words die in his throat. no matter what he does, he just can't seem to push out the word home. could that really count as a home to him? then, what would this place, that he's currently standing in with minhyuk, be? "he's waiting for me back in seoul."

"i see." minhyuk's expression is one of slight disappointment, but understanding. "before you go, i want to thank you."

"for what?" hyungwon asks. he almost wants to say, for breaking your heart in the most cruel way possible?

"for..." minhyuk's voice cracks, and he takes a moment to compose himself. "for everything."

"in that case, thank you too." hyungwon says. "i guess i should leave... remember to take care of yourself."

"okay." minhyuk doesn't look at him. "goodbye, hyungwon."

minhyuk opens the door leading outside. hyungwon sees his car parked in the driveway—and oh, how he wished someone or something could come and destroy the car just so he could have an excuse to stay a little bit longer.

"see you. if you ever want to meet me, you can just give me a call." hyungwon tightens his grip on the strap of his bag and he walks out the door.

as hyungwon walks towards his car, a lump forms inside his throat and burning-hot tears are threatening to spill out—he's afraid to even turn his head back, hearing the sniffles of minhyuk behind him that turn into quiet sobs. when he drives away, seeing minhyuk knelt down and bent over in his rearview mirror, he feels an empty cavity in where his heart once used to be; having left it at his true home where he stood several minutes ago, though it already felt like a lifetime.

"you're finally back." hoseok pulls hyungwon into a hug. it feels so much different than how soft minhyuk's embrace was. it felt colder, stiffer.

"yeah." hyungwon nearly can't lift his arms up to wrap around hoseok's back from how heavy his whole body feels.

"the director said you can continue your work tomorrow. while you were gone, we filmed the parts without you in it." hoseok doesn't seem to realize that hyungwon's barely listening. "but, are these your clothes? how come i haven't seen them before?"

hyungwon looks down.

he's still wearing one of minhyuk's sweaters and a pair of his jeans.