Chapter 3: Our Song

~January's P.O.V.~

  "You know, you're an internet sensation. A one hit wonder." Alishia told me, glancing up from her blue netbook.

  "I just got lucky. It's not like I'm even famous. Still far from that picture. It's just one hundred million plus views." I pointed out.

  "WHAT? You really think that it's nothing? Are you shitting me? Jan, people have been talking about this ever since you posted it a week ago on Friday! Talk shows, interviews, news shows, videos, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube comments/ vids- have all been blabbing on and on about your video! So, don't you go around here treating your new found fame like crap. You deserve it anyway. You have a huge bundle of phenomenal talent in you!" Alishia informed me.

  "Eh."

  "Don't just, "Eh," me! It's not like this situation right here's nothing! I even bet that Harry dude saw your video!" Alishia protested.

  "Don't get my hopes up, Alishia." I replied dully.

  "Well, it's true. He could've. Could've." she failed to assure me.

  "Eh."

********

  "Okay, so, um, is it a crime for me to be going to a One Direction concert without knowing anyone in the group and not knowing one word of any of their songs that I don't know either? It's your fault for dragging me to the concert!" Alishia said to me, slipping into her blue varsity jacket.

  Everything she has is just blue. She even has sky blue vans on at the moment.

  I just shrugged in response.

  "Well, I don't think so. I mean, it's not like you hate them or anything. You're not even close to being a Directionater. Yet again, you're not even a Directioner..."

  "What's a Directionater and what the hell is a Directionturd?" I was this close to grabbing her ponytail and pulling it until it hurt like hell for her.

  "DIRECTIONER, ALISHIA! DIRECTIONER! A DIRECTIONER is a person who is a fan of One Direction, a Directionater is a person who is against One Direction." I informed her, emphasizing the word 'Directioner'. Alishia just rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out, jumping into my mom's car along with me.

  When my mom got in with us and started driving, she turned the car stereo on and the One Direction cd that I stuck in there ever since their cd came out started blasting from the speakers. Alishia just stopped and stared at me as I sung along with all of the songs on their cd over and over again during the whole ride to the arena, throwing on a mini concert of my own. By the time we all arrived at the arena, Alishia was going mad and my mom looked like she hadn't slept for over a week. Oh well. Not my fault the songs on the cd played all together was the exact amount of time it took to drive over to the arena. Blame it on One Direction!

  "Okay, so girls, I'll pick you up thirty minutes after the show ends, just make sure to contact me on your cell phones once the concert's all over with. Don't talk to strangers and don't walk away with one, don't do anything stupid, please don't hook up with anyone or screw with anyone, no drinking-" my mom listed.

  "MOM! You know we would never do that. Trust us! We're seventeen for God's sake- on the verge of turning eighteen!" I cut her off, protesting.

  "Sheesh, okay, okay." my mom lifted her hands up as if in surrender. I relaxed a bit and leaned back on the seat. I ran my hands through my long jet black hair and let out a big breath.

  "Dang, peoples," was all Alishia could say. I just gave her a small smile and we said bye to my mom, hopping out of the doors closest to us in the car. We walked over to the end of the line to enter the arena and we waited for twenty minutes or so before the line started moving forward slowly. Alishia and I were stopped from taking another step forward by a group of girls that crowded in front of me. I looked at each of them in confusion, wondering what the fudge they were doing this for.