Chapter 6: Catch Me If You Can

~Harry's P.O.V.~  (Kissing Incident Earlier)

  I looked up at Miranda who was now on top of me. A second ago I flipped her just in time so that she wouldn't crash on the floor with me on top of her.

  I was bewildered. I had absolutely no clue what to do or say in this awkward situation. I just stared at her wide- eyed. I didn't move.

  Miranda suddenly leaned down, closing the small gap of space between our lips, her lips brushing against mine.

  This really didn't feel right. It felt like I was cheating on January. You really don't have to tell me twice, but I already know that we aren't a couple. Yadda yadda. Still. It felt like I was committing the worst crime.

  I didn't kiss Miranda back because it felt like the right thing to do, and my hand immediately went to her cheek. I softly pulled her face back, cutting off the kiss.

  "Oh god, I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry." Miranda got off of me, brushing herself off.

  "It's okay, really. It was just the heat of the moment," I assured her with a small smile. "Oh shit. No. This cannot be happening." I got up from my position and started pacing around the small space.

  "What?"

  "January saw us. Kiss. I mean she saw you kiss me."

  "You mean that girl who came in with you?"

  "Yeah."

  "So?"

  "So, she probably took it the wrong way. Fuck."

  "Is she your girlfriend?"

  "No... But, I wish she was! I kinda have a thing for her..." I ran my fingers through my curls in frustration.

  "Oh my. Now I one hundred percent regret kissing you, Harry. I'm so, so, sorry." Miranda apologized once again, looking at me with worried eyes.

  "Again, love, it's perfectly fine. I forgive you."

  "Harry, it's not fine. You lost her. Literally. Look, she's not here anymore." she swiped her hand around the vacant cafe. I lost her. "Find her, Harry." Miranda grabbed my hands and shook them violently. "Tell her what's in here." she touched the place where my heart was in my chest. I nodded in understanding. "Go."

  "Thanks. Bye." I waved at her as I ran out of the door, looking from side to side. I ran back down the path that January and I took on the way to the cafe. I kept running until I saw a dark figure walking ahead of me. "January?!" I yelled at it. The figure turned around when it arrived in front of a lamp post. The light emanating off of the bulb made the face of the person visible. That person was crying. I can't believe that in just one day I made January cry.

  One freaking day!

  I ran towards January while she just stayed there, frozen in place. I didn't slow down as I rapidly approached her. Once I was less than a foot away, I grabbed her by her shoulders and I brought her into me, smashing my lips against hers.

  Her lips were wet from the tears. The mixture of saltiness and dampness created a weird sensational taste.

  She kissed me back though.

  Damn, that lifted my spirit.

  Her arms snaked their way around my neck as she leaned back a little bit, bringing me with her. I moved down my hands to her back so my arms were simply wrapped around her.

  I don't know how long we stayed like this. I don't really care actually. It didn't bother me one bit that we were out on a deserted street, kissing. I started smiling into the kiss as some raindrops started descending on us lightly. I leaned out to take a look out at the dark night sky, the small droplets of water landing in my eyes. I brought my eyes level to January's and I found her staring at me with intense curiousity.