Sandwich

Jennie's POV

"What?" Taehyung asked confused and I rolled my eyes at him before sitting on the blanket he's spread once again in the ground at the rooftop.

"Why did you call me here? I don't owe anything to you," I snickered and he laughed at my words.

"But I owe you one for singing to me that night. I actually had the best sleep," he stated, his boxy grin showing which made my resolve shake a little. I had to remind myself that I shouldn't be all too friendly to him again, not after the recent incident with Chaeyoung being sent to the hospital.

It wasn't Taehyung's fault, I know but every time I see him, I always remember his friend, Jimin, who apparently had no better thing to do but break Chaeyoung's heart.

With that in thought, I avoided my glance at him and had my arms crossed over my chest.

He was silent for a moment before a loud sigh escaped his lips.

"I know you're mad at Jimin but we promised to be friends. And right now I'm here to hang out with a friend. Can't we just do that?" he mumbled and I can recognize the frustration in his voice.

My lips puckered at his words.

"Well, I'm sorry Taehyung but I want you to know that I am not someone who can easily hang out when I'm goddamn worried about my friend. She's almost a sister to me!" I snarled and he pouted.

"I know, Jennie, okay? But you keep forgetting the fact that I am not Jimin and I am in no way involved with whatever is happening between them," he explained, and somehow, my heart wavers at the sound of his voice. He was obviously exhausted.

Without intending to, I looked at him in worry, "You sounded tired. Why are you even here? You should have taken a nap in your dorm instead. I will head back to the hospital anyway to check on Chaeng,"

Lisa is currently at the hospital as we take turns in spending the night with Chaeng.

He looked at my direction, his lips still pouting and I had to admit that he looked really adorable.

"You know I can't sleep easily," he muttered like a kid and I can't help but smile.

"So you head down to me instead? Tae, I won't be singing to you again if that's what you're aiming for," I told him before grabbing a sandwich on the basket before me.

"Well," he smiled at me cheekily. And my heart started to beat rapidly, the way his smile tells me he's up into something I wouldn't really like. Or will I?

"Stop smiling at me like that," I scoffed and he raised an eyebrow.

"Why? Is it working?" he wiggled his eyebrow even more and to my surprise. he started putting his hands underneath his chin sending me aegyo all over.

"Arrrgghhh" Yah!" I screamed at him as I cringed. "Stop! I'm going to kick you," I told him, my hands landing on my chest, the loud beating of my heart inevitable - something she's been noticing ever since he started hanging out with him.

Shit. What the hell?

Jennie, that's because he's annoying you. I told to myself. There should be no reason for my heart to hammer inside my chest like this.

My eyes closed automatically when he started leaning forward, doing flowery actions.

Good Lord, I can't handle this.

"Is my GUCCI getting affected by Taehyungie's aegyo?" he started teasing and I started waving my hands in front so he won't come any closer - his laughter booming at my reaction.

"Wahhh, I'm hurt, Kim Jennie. How dare you deny my aegyo?" he said, and the moment I opened my eyes, I was greeted by his face still close to mine. His hands were leaning on the ground. He was so close I was afraid our lips might touch if either of us moved.

I gulped. This is probably the closest I have ever been to a guy.

My breath hitch at the close proximity and the way his breath hits my face sends shivers all throughout my body.

Fuck.

How was he able to smile at me like this? Like, everything was so simple, like he wasn't in anyway fazed that our lips are almost touching.

And I didn't know how it happened but it felt like the time suddenly stopped.

Was this possible?

My heart, it felt like it wanted to jump out of my chest yet I feel like I was floating. It's weird.

And right then, my eyes noticed every small detail. I know his face is so beautiful but I didn't know it is this perfect. His prominent nose gives him more appeal. And those lips.

Damn.

Our eyes locked and the moment it did, the smile on his face slowly faded until I realized how his eyes landed on my lips.

Unconsciously, I bite my lower lip without me intending. It was a reflex and if it wasn't for the sudden sound of some music blaring, I'm not sure what would have happened.

In instant, he started coughing before he's desperately searching for his phone. "Ahm, where is it?" he started rambling on himself and I noticed his cheeks tinted red.

My eyes saw his phone resting beside the basket so I grabbed it in an attempt to give it to him but he also did the same. The problem was, he was able to take a hold of it first which results in me ending up holding his hand.

I gulped.

'Ahhm" I stuttered, pulling my hands in an instant, my cheeks blushing as I avoid his glance. "Sorry," we mumbled at the same time and I almost choked on my saliva.

What the hell?

He looked taken aback too but he decided to answer his phone first since it kept on ringing.

"Hello? Yeah. No, I'll be home soon," he mumbled and I can feel his gaze towards my direction but I pretended to look at the stars before us, pulling my cardigan a little as I feel the cold breeze hitting my body.

It was cold yet I feel like my body is burning with all that had happened.

"I know. Don't worry," I heard him spoke and I started rubbing in my hands together because my hands kept on fidgeting.

The call must have ended because, from the corner of my eyes, I saw him put down his phone on the blanket beside him.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook was looking for me. Where are we again? Oh right, the ki-ah! I mean, the sandwich, Yeah!" he exclaimed and my eyes almost widened at his words.

I totally forgot about the sandwich after what happened.

It was then that we realized that it has been squashed already.

How did it happen? I don't wanna know.

Our eyes locked once again and a sheepish smile started to creep on his lips and I found myself acting the same.

"Did you make these? Because I don't just eat any food, you know?" I started teasing. My cheeks are still blushing and I know it's still awkward but I find myself enjoying my time with him.

He grinned at me at my words.

"GUCCI, prepare yourself because you're about to taste the best sandwich ever!" he exclaimed and we both laugh at our silliness.

Yeah, it was probably just a spur of the moment.

There's no way Kim Taehyung would feel something about me, or me feeling something about him.

Focus Kim Jennie.