You know something is not okay .

Mike's side
As we were walking after snowball home, everyone was quiet. All you heard were footsteps.
My thoughts were like screaming through the darkness that was inside me. I was so happy that Jane is back and everything is fine,... I couldn't let them be just quiet, also there was a question on my mind:

Mike: So, Dustin. D-Do you like my sister or-?

As I was saying that I got nervous. I know its not my place to know or care but still it feels awkward.

Dustin: what?

Mike: I asked if-

Dustin: Yeah, I heard...what you said, but.... are you really asking me that?

Mike: Yes I am.

Dustin: *Sighs* She has Jonathan, so does it even matter?

Mike: I guess it does...?

Dustin: I'm just not answering that ok?

Lucas: Wooow calm down! Both of you! We are not supposed to argue today... remember?

Both (Mike and Dustin): Yes...

So here we are...It's quiet again. None is saying a word. I looked by my side and saw Lucas holding Max's hand. As I looked at Jane she saw them holding each others hands, so she grabbed mine and held it... It was like she was jealous, I didn't get it.... why would she?. It was like someone punched me, it stayed. The question of it. As we were walking home I couldn't stop thinking of it. I looked at Max. She looked different,nothing like I saw here before.Then I looked back at the road we were walking on.

Max's side
When Mike looked at me I got confused. Did I do something wrong? Or did I-?. As he looked down, I looked back at him. And then shyly looked at road too.

Mike's side
Jane saw me looking at her... So she leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. I didn't blush because I didn't feel anything, it was like my body felt something isn't good. I just kept looking at the road. Without saying a word.

------------While ago--------------

There was a turn to Jane's home. So I looked at her.

Jane: Will you go with me? You know I'm scared-

Mike: Uh yeah, yes sure!

I knew she wasn't scared, it was like she was hiding something...

Mike: So how was snowball? Was it, like you imaginated it?

Jane: No, it was prettier than that. I had a lot of fun. And of course, It was amazing. I never felt that normal in my life.

Mike: Oh... Same! I mean it was all  pretty and that stuff... and romantic too. I was so happy when I saw you there! The crazy thing is... that I missed you....

Jane: we didn't saw each other only for 5 hours. It wasn't THAT long.

Mike: yeah I guess.-

Jane: So here's my home! Goodnight Mike!

Mike: Good-..... night Jane...

Sooner than I could finish my sentence she was gone... well in her house of course... but still gone. She didn't even give me kiss, it was weird. All the way home, I had to walk by myself. The dark sky of the night was prettier than ever. The cold air. And the street lamps, it all felt like I never went by this street. As soon as I got home, I showered and went to bed. And all the toughts went with me.

Jane's side
Mike noticed something wasn't okay, I can't let him find out what happend....I ate eggos and went to bed. I didn't sleep all night, because I was scared that he might somehow find out.... or did he already?