Healing

Jennifer Potter sat in a bed in St Mungo's hospital, reading the Daily Prophet, when her nephew Harry Potter walked in. It was the day after the Battle of Hogwarts, and Jenny was recieving treatment for the wounds that she has suffered during the fight.
While her wounds were no longer life threatening, her Healer Florence, had recommended that she spent the night there. Jenny was taking a blood replenishing potion every hour, to get back the blood she had lost.
"Hi there Harry" welcomed Jenny as Harry approached.
"Hello Jenny. How are you feeling?" Asked Harry, as he sat down on the bedside chair.

"I'm fine. The Healers said I can go home first thing in the morning. They are only keeping me in tonight, just to make sure that I am alright" answered Jenny.
"That's good. When I saw you lying there in a pool of blood..."
"I know. I must have looked terrible" interupted Jenny.
"Yes, you did. I was certain that you were dead" replied Harry.
"Well I'm not. So there is no need to worry about me".

Jenny began twisting the ring on her finger, which she did when she was nervous. It was a Potter family heirloom, and Harry wore an identical ring on his finger.
"Did you read the Prophet?" Questioned Jenny.
Harry didn't answer.
"The headline is about you. 'THE BOY WHO LIVED DOES IT AGAIN'. It then goes on to describe your brave defeat of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Honestly, it annoys me that people are still afraid to call him Voldemort" continued Jenny.
"Well a lot of people are still afraid. They can't believe that he is really dead. They call him that out of habit. The name Voldemort still frightens people" replied Harry.

"Well it doesn't frighten me. It never has" said Jenny, placing the newspaper on her bed.
"No. Well not everyone is as brave as you and me" commented Harry.
"I suppose not... On a later page it lists the names of the dead"
"I know. I saw"
"You can't blame yourself Harry. Their deaths were not your fault. They died fighting for what they believed in".
Harry stood up and turned away from his aunt. He had visited each and every dead body at Hogwarts, to say his own personal goodbye. Certain deaths had affected him more than others.
Like Fred Weasley, and little Colin Creevey, not to mention Remus and Tonks, whose son Teddy was only a few days old.

"Where have you been today Harry?" Jenny asked curiously.
Harry turned back round. "Mostly at Hogwarts, but I've also been to the Burrow, and the Ministry of Magic. That reminds me, Kingsley said he would be dropping by later" replied Harry.
"Kingsley? What does the Minister want to talk to me about?"
"I don't know. He didn't say"
"Do you think it's about how I behaved during the battle? Maybe he doesn't think I'm safe to work with children?"
"You read the paper. It calls you a war hero. Eye witnesses spoke about your bravery and skill while fighting the Death Eaters. You saved a lot of lives. Anyway, McGonagall is the Headmistress of Hogwarts now, and if she thinks you will make a good teacher, then her word is final".

Jenny didn't look convinced. "I killed a lot of people Harry".
"You also saved a lot of people as well. That is more important" Harry replied.
"If you say so" mumbled Jenny.
Harry ignored her and began rummaging through his pocket, until he brought out a white box.
"Think of this as an early wedding present" said Harry, as he handed it to Jenny.
She opened it carefully, and gasped when she saw what was inside.
It was a beautiful silver bracelet, with four charms attatched. A stag, a wolf, a dog, and a squirrel. Each of the animals represented the Animagus forms of the Marauders. Her's was a squirrel, giving her the nickname Ash.

"It's beautiful" said Jenny, as she attatched it to her wrist.
"I'm glad you like it" replied Harry smiling.
"It's perfect"
"I got it from a muggle shop. The charms were fairly easy to find"
"I'm glad you didn't waste hours trying to find the right animals. There are so many more important things that you could be doing instead"
"I know"
"I want to help rebuild Hogwarts. But the healers have me on bed rest for the rest of the week, once again"
"Well you should do as they suggest"
"When have I ever done what I'm told?".

Kingsley Shacklebolt arrived several minutes later, and joined the pair.
"Miss Potter, I'm glad I found you" he said, sitting down in the chair.
"How can I help Minister? Congratulations on the position by the way" replied Jenny.
"Thank you Jennifer. The job is only temporary, but I am doing the best I can to prove I am worthy of the position"
"You are. You're a very wise and talented wizard"
"I'm glad you think so. Anyway I am here on Ministry business"
"Of course you are".

Kingsley took a stack of papers out of his briefcase, and rested them on the bedside table.
"What is all that?" Questioned Jenny.
"Paperwork" Kingsley answered.
"What kind of paperwork?"
"Well half of it, is what all new Hogwarts teachers have to fill out. It's about your experiences and previous jobs, and other things like that"
"And the other half?"
"The other half is something you should have already filled out. But have failed to do so"
"Ah. I have a feeling I know what it is".

"What is it?" Asked Harry.
"That, Mr Potter, is the required paperwork that all Animagi must fill out, before they take on the transformation" Kingsley answered.
"Sirius never filled it out" Jenny muttered going red.
"Sirius Black never filled it out, as he was a wanted criminal at the time, so there wasn't much point. And Peter Pettigrew was presumed dead, like your brother. Which is why neither of them filled out the paperwork" continued Kingsley.
Jenny scowled at the mention of Pettigrew, the man that had betrayed her and her brother.
"If the Ministry already knows that I am an unregistered Animagi, then why do I have to bother filling out those forms?" Asked Jenny.
"Being an unregistered Animagus is illegal you know. Would you rather face the consequences of your actions instead?" Questioned Kingsley.
"No thank you... I'll sign your bloody paperwork"
"Good. And when you are done, just sent it to the Ministry by owl"
"Will do".

Kingsley stood up and straightened his cloak.
"Right then. I will be off. I have many other things to do today" said Kingsley.
"I'm sure you do. Goodbye Kingsley" replied Jenny.
"Goodbye Miss Potter. I hope you get well soon"
"Thank you".
Kingsley turned to Harry and bowed his head. "Goodbye Mr Potter".
"See you Kingsley" Harry replied.

Once he had gone, Jenny groaned at the amount of paperwork sitting on her desk.
"Eugh. I do not look forward to reading all that" she complained.
"Well I had better go, and let you get on with your paperwork" replied Harry.
"Yeah. See you Harry"
"Bye Jenny. I'll see you soon"
"I'm sure you will"
"Well stay safe, and do what the healers say"
"You know me" replied Jenny winking.
Harry shook his head and smiled, before turning and leaving Jenny alone with the stack of papers beside her bed.