Day 1

At precisely 9°clock the next morning, Jenny stood in her new classroom, surrounded by Griffindor and Hufflepuff students, in their first year. They looked as nervous as Jenny felt, but she knew she couldn't let her emotions show. She was a teacher, and not a pupil.
It was her first class, as well as theirs, and the success of this lesson set the course for the rest of the year. So if it was a disaster, the students would remember it from then on.
Jenny was glad that she didn't have Slytherins in her first class, as that was an added pressure that she didn't want. But she also felt uncomfortable teaching her own house first as well. She would have prefered to have Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw first, together.

Jenny took a deep breath, and started her welcoming speech, trying not to look into the students eyes.
"Welcome to your first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. As you know, I am your teacher, Professor Potter. Although I am getting married later this year, my name will not change. Which makes it easy for you.
I thought I would start this lesson off with a Q and A section. I'm sure you have many questions about me, and this class. So I will give you the chance to ask them, and I will answer them, to the best of my ability. Provided your questions are appropriate.
So, who wants to start?".

There was an awkward silence that filled the room, until one brave Griffindor boy at the back of the room raised his hand.
Jenny smiled and pointed at the boy. "Yes. What's your name?".
"Evan, Proffessor. Evan Clint" the boy answered nervously.
"Alright Evan. What is your question?" Jenny asked.
"I was just wondering how you were going to address us, but I guess you answered my question"
"Some teachers will call you by your surname, as you call us by ours. But I think I will call you all by your first names, unless you are causing trouble. Then I might use your last name instead".

A Griffindor girl on the front row, raised her hand.
"And your name is?" Jenny asked.
"Rosie, Rosie Baxter. I was just asking whether first years are allowed to try out for the Quidditch team next week. I know it's not exactly subject related, but you are our Head of house" replied Rosie.
"That I am. Well Rosie, it is generally not advised to join the team in your first year. And first year students are not allowed to own their own brooms, except in extreme circumstances.
However, there is no rule stopping first year students from attending Quidditch try-outs. So you are very welcome to try out for the team".

Suddenly the hand of a very anxious looking Hufflepuff girl, shot into the air.
"My name is Gilly Headstone Professor. And I was wondering if it was true, what the Daily Prophet said about you. Did you really take on a dozen Death Eaters at once, and kill them all, during the battle of Hogwarts?" Quizzed Gilly.
Everyone in the room edged forward in their seats, and an eerie silence filled the room, as Jenny tried to think of child friendly answer. Without sounding like a murderer.

"It is true that I fought in the battle, and did fight many Death Eaters. However, I think the Prophet may have exaggerated how many people I dueled with" answered Jenny.
"So you didn't kill a hundred people?" Questioned another Hufflepuff.
"Students need to raise their hand before asking questions. But to answer you, no. I did not kill a hundred people".
"But did you kill people, Proffessor?" Asked Gilly, raising her hand once more.
"If you want the truth. Then yes. During the battle of Hogwarts, I did kill people. Where possible I tried to dissarm, or stun. But in some circumstances, yes, I did kill Death Eaters, only ever in self defense of course" replied Jenny.

"Well. If there are no more questions for now. I will continue my lecture, and explain my lesson plans for the rest of the year. Please take notes" she instructed.
As the students got out their paper and quills, Jenny took a deep breath. Glad to have to converstation diverted.
She didn't want to discuss the battle, especially not in her first lesson, with children who were only 11 years old.
"Right. The first thing I am going to teach you in this class, is the disarming spell, Expelliarmus. Used correctly, this spell will cause your opponant to loose their wand, and in extreme circumstances, can cause them to get thrown backwards" continued Jenny.
She watched the students listen intently, and scribble down notes. Jenny smiled and continued with her lesson, and was surprised when the end of period bell sounded. As the lesson had gone much faster than Jenny thought it would.