The Marauders final gift

Jenny awoke on the 7th of August, full of dread. She had no idea who Charlie had invited to her birthday, and was nervous about entertaining a large number of people.
As her birthday always occured in the summer holidays, she had always spent it with the marauders. So she was worried that she would have a flash back, to one of her happy memories, with them.
"Are you sure you can't tell me who will be arriving today? Or at what time?" Jenny asked.
Charlie smiled secretively and shook his head.
"Nope. I have planned every event today, and I don't want to spoil the surprise, this close to the big moment" he replied.

"So we are close to the big moment?" Quizzed Jenny.
Charlie mimed sealing his lips.
"You're no help" moaned Jenny.
Charlie laughed and hugged her tight.
"Well if you won't tell me what is going on, then how will I know what to wear?" Continued Jenny.
"Just wear something nice" advised Charlie.
"Eugh, such a guy answer. If I don't know who is coming, then I won't know how fancy to dress"
"Well, why don't you just dress, like you are trying to outshine the queen".
Jenny raised an eyebrow suspiciously.
"But if everyone comes in jeans and a t-shirt, and I'm wearing a huge ball gown. Then I will look like an idiot" complained Jenny.

"No one is going to look like that, I promise. I told the guests to wear something nice" informed Charlie.
"Well that narrows it down" replied Jenny sarcastically.
"I don't know how to help you with this. I'm not very fashion concious myself"
'Fine, I will do it myself"
"Good. I will go downstairs and sort some things out, while you get dressed. But you have to promise not to leave the room, until I say so"
"I'm not very good at being told what to do"
"Well, today is an exception"
"If you say so".

Once Charlie had left, Jenny spent several minutes, just staring at the clothes in her wardrobe. She was trying to remember which outfits she had worn to advents before, as she didn't want to be seen in the same thing twice.
Eventually, she decided on a black, shiny, strapless, floor length, body-con dress. It showed off all her curves, and wasn't filled with hundreds of layers. As it was a very hot day, and she didn't want to overheat.
She matched the outfit with a pair of plain black ballet pumps. Jenny was going to wear heels, but changed her mind at the last minute. Choosing comfort over fashion.

"Can I come out now?" Shouted Jenny, once she was ready.
She heard the sound of footsteps approaching, and the door handle opened, revealing an out of breath Charlie. He stepped to the side, holding the door open.
"After you miss" he said polietly.
"Thank you kind sir" replied Jenny, smiling.
Charlie had changed into a black tux, that Jenny had never seen him wear before. He looked uncomfortable in something so formal, but he still looked happy.
He held out his arm, and Jenny laced her own arm around his, allowing him to escourt her dowm the grand staircase.

Charlie led the way into the back garden, which had been decorated in black and purple, Jenny's favourite colours. A small crowd was waiting for them, but Jenny felt at ease, when she realised that Charlie hadn't gone mad with the invitations.
Jenny's ring warmed up, and she spotted Harry in the crowd, standing by Ron's side. There were several other Weasley's in the garden as well; Bill, Fleur, Ginny, Molly, and Arthur, all stood together on one side of the garden. It seemed that Charlie had only invited family members, and not friends.
She began looking for Andromeda and baby Teddy, two guests that she was nervous about seeing. But she couldn't find them anywhere.

Jenny left Charlie's side and made her way over to Harry, who started to walk towards her, when he saw her approaching.
"You look beautiful Jenny" he complimented.
"Hi Harry. Thanks. Is Andromeda not here?" Asked Jenny anxiously.
Harry shook his head, and Jenny sighed deeply.
"No. Me and Charlie both decided that she shouldn't come today. Having her and Teddy here, would only make you more nervous" explained Harry.
"You helped orgainise this?" Quizzed Jenny.
"Not much. Charlie did most of it by himself, but I did help with some bits"
"Well, thank you. The garden looks wonderful"
"You're welcome".

Harry ran over to a garden chair, and came back with a present.
"For me?" Mocked Jenny.
"Who else?" Replied Harry.
Jenny took the package off him, and began to open it excitedly. She threw the wrapping paper on the ground, and was surprised to find more paper on the inside. Her present appeared to be a large piece of old parchment.
She raised her eyebrow at Harry, who just smiled.
"Is this what I think it is?" Jenny questioned.
"Why don't you find out?" Encouraged Harry.
Jenny removed her wand from her hair, which was tied in a messy bun, and pointed it at the blank page.

"I solemnly swear, that I am up to no good" she whispered.
At first nothing happened, but suddenly, words began to fill the page in front of her.
"Messers Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. Are pleased to present the Marauders Map" continued Jenny, reading from the paper.
"Yeah. I thought it would be more use to you, since you will be living at Hogwarts" Harry explained.
Jenny hugged the map to her chest, as a single tear rolled down her cheek. Harry began to look worried, as he thought he had upset her.
"I mean, if you don't like it..." started Harry.
"No. It's perfect" interupted Jenny.

"It's strange. The map didn't mean much to me when I was younger. It was just a map of place that I was not allowed to go to, so it didn't matter to me. But now... It seems like it's the most important thing in the world. Sort of like their final gift to me" revealed Jenny.
"Well, I thought you would have more use for it, as you are a teacher now" replied Harry.
"This map was made by 4 of the most troublesome students, ever to walk the halls at Hogwarts. It was made to cause mischief. Which is what I am going to use it for. If I see a student out of bounds on this thing, I won't stop them... Unless I think that what they are doing is life threatening. Everyone deserves to have some fun in their lives"
"Exactly what I thought"
"Probably best if we don't tell McGonagall about this though. I don't think she'd approve. If anyone asks, I'll say you got me some socks for my birthday"
"Ha. O.K".

"You're going to be a great teacher, I can tell" announced Harry.
"Aww, thanks Harry. Maybe one day, when you're sick of being an auror as well, you could be a teacher" advised Jenny.
"I don't know"
"I think you'd be good at it. Besides, if the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher curse hasn't gone. Then McGonagall will be looking for another teacher next year"
"Hopefully with Voldemort's death, the curse has vanished"
"I hope so to. If I survive the year, then I will be the first Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, to keep going into a second year. It's been nearly 30 years since Voldemort cursed the job, so many teachers fell victim to it"
"But you are going to be fine"
"Thanks Harry".