Wild goose chase

Charlie knew something was wrong, as soon as he got home. Since Jenny was no longer at work, she could care for Sky during the day. So the two of them were always there to great him when he came home.
Babies were never quiet, and neither was Jenny, so when Charlie entered the Potter Manor, he could tell that something wasn't right. He instantly began to search for his loved ones, when he came accross a note on the dinning table.

'Hey Charlie. I've gone out shopping, so Molly has Sky. I hope to be back by the time you get home, but if not, then I'm leaving you this note.
Love you. Xxx'.

After reading the note, Charlie still didn't feel relaxed, so he strode over to the fireplace, and grabbed a handful of Floo Powder. He threw it into the grate and stepped into the flames.
"The Burrow" he ordered clearly.
Seconds later he appeared in his old home, meeting a surprised Molly.
"Charlie. It's so good to see you, I didn't know you were coming" she said, hugging her son.
Charlie hugged her back, then released her, and began scanning the room for Sky. He saw her in a cot beside the sofa, fast asleep.
Molly turned and made her way back to the baby.
"She's been good as gold this afternoon" continued Molly.

"When did you last see Jenny?" Charlie asked.
Molly pursed her lips, as she thought hard.
"Just after lunch time. About 1oclock, I think. She said she'd be back by now, but she must have got distracted in town" answered Molly.
"I'm worried about her. I don't like not knowing where she is"
"Oh, stop worrying Charlie. Lots of girls take hours when they go shopping, and I'm sure Jenny is no exception"
"But it's late. Most shops will have closed by now"
"Well I expect she is on her way back now then".

Charlie glanced at the clock on the wall, and noted the time. It was nearly 7oclock. And he knew there was no way Jenny would take that long shopping. She wasn't that kind of girl. Which is one of the reasons he liked her so much.
"Could you look after Sky a bit longer, while I find out where she is?" Questioned Charlie.
"Of course I can. But how will you find her? Quizzed Molly.
"I'm going to go and see Harry"
"I doubt he knows where she is, anymore than we do".
Charlie didn't say anything. Not everyone knew about the Potter rings worn by Harry and Jenny. If Jenny was in trouble, then Harry would know, as his ring would go cold.

Charlie kissed his mother and daughter goodbye, before stepping outside to apparate to the step outside Grimmauld Place. As you couldn't use Floo Powder to get inside, due to the protective magic around it.
Once he had got his bearings, he knocked on the front door, and waited for someone to open it. A few seconds later, Kreacher the house elf opened the door, and Charlie stepped inside.
"Hello Kreacher. I'm here to see Harry" explained Charlie.
Kreacher bowed his head, and began leading the way into the kitchen. Charlie followed him, and began to notice to difference between Grimmauld Place and the Potter Manor. Despite the fact that both buildings had been owned by rich pure-blood families.
Even though Harry had been living there for a few months, it still had a very dark feel to it, as it used to be owned by dark witches and wizards.

As they stepped into the kitchen, Harry stood up to greet Charlie.
"Hi Charlie. What's wrong?" Questioned Harry suspisciously, as Charlie didn't normally come unannounced.
"It's Jenny" replied Charlie.
That got Harry's attention. "Jenny? What's happened to her?".
"I don't know that anything has happened. I just have a feeling. Has your ring indicated that Jenny is in any danger?".
Harry looked at his ring, and shook his head.
"No. The ring hasn't gone cold. Which means that Jenny's life isn't in danger" Harry replied.
Charlie frowned, and thought for a moment. "Even if she isn't in danger, she might need our help right?" Quizzed Charlie.

"Are you going to explain what is going on?" Asked Harry.
"Jenny has been gone for over 6 hours, supposedly to go shopping, but I know her. She hates shopping, there is no way she would do it for that long. Besides, all the shops have been closed for nearly 2 hours" Charle explained.
Harry scratched his head. "Jenny's mental state wouldn't be affected by the ring. If she had a break down, I don't know if I would know, as her life wouldn't be in danger".
"What should we do?"
"We should check your house in Hogsmeade to see if she left any clues there"
"Good idea"
"Give me two minutes, and I'll meet you out the front".

Once Harry had put on his coat and shoes, he joined Charlie outside the front door, and the two of them apparated to the cottage in Hogsmeade.
"It's a nice little place you've got here" noted Harry, once they stepped inside.
Charlie nodded, and began searching the house for Jenny. When he found another note from her, his heart sunk.

'Hey Charlie. I've gone over to Godric's Hollow. I'm trying out this new memory necklace that I just bought. I don't know how long I will be, so you can go and get Sky from Molly's if you want to.
See you soon. Xxx'.

"Harry. Come and look at this" shouted Charlie.
Harry made his way over to Charlie, and began to read Jenny's note.
"She's been to Godric's Hollow alone before. Should we be worried?" Charlie questioned.
"I'm not sure. Normally she goes at Christmas, which is only a few days away. But traditionally she goes on Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day, but it's not either of them yet" replied Harry.
"That's what I was thinking. We had already planned to go together on Christmas Eve together. So I don't know why she would decide to go today on her own"
"This memory necklace is what worries me. If she starts reliving her memories in that house, I worry what would happen to her. She fakes it well, but we both know that her mind is damaged beyound repair".

"So, what do we do?" Quizzed Charlie.
"Simple. We go after her of course. But I don't think we should go alone. If we go to St Mungo's we might be able to find her old Healer Florence. And if Jenny is in distress when we find her, she will be able to help" Harry answered.
"Good idea. I don't know how long ago she wrote this. But whenever it was, it was too long ago. We need to find her, and fast"
"Exactly. We had better get going".
After locking up the cottage, the boys dissapparated and headed to St Mungos, in search of Healer Florence.