To be a Potter

Harry stared at his aunt in awe, as she looked more beautiful than ever before. Her white wedding dress had long elegant sleeves, and she wore a white furry shawl around her shoulders. Jenny's dress had been designed specifically for her, to keep in the warmth, and keep out the cold winter air.
Her floor length dress had a long trail, several meters long, which did effect her movement somewhat. As her feet were covered by the dress, Jenny was wearing flat, white pumps, instead of heels. Because she wanted to be comfy on her special day, and be able to move around easier.
"You look so beautiful" reassured Harry.
Jenny ran her fingers through her curles, as she stared at her reflection.
"You think so?" She questioned anxiously.
"Most definately. Charlie is a lucky man" Harry answered.

Jenny smiled. "Thanks Harry. Though I think you might be biased".
Harry shrugged. "Maybe. But I'm telling the truth".
"Is everything ready?"
"Yep. Everyone is in place. Ron and Hermione are guiding people to their seats as we speak".
Jenny smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. Harry pushed himself off the bed, and made his way towards her, with a concerned expression.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Charlie has such a large family. His side of the aisle will be full of people. I have no family, but you. And you are walking beside me. No cousins, no aunts, no siblings, and barely any friends. I've never felt more alone than now" said Jenny sadly.
"Your side of the garden is not empty, trust me. More people like you, than you realise"
"Really?"
"Really. I don't want to give anything away, but there are a lot of people you know that are here".

"What have you been up to Harry?" Questioned Jenny suspiciously.
Harry smiled. "I'm not saying anything, Charlie would kill me".
"You know I don't like surprises"
"You'll like this one. Besides, you don't have to wait long to find out. We need to go outside soon, they'll be waiting for us".
Jenny nodded her head. "I know. Only one more thing to do".
She looked out of the door, to make sure no one was listening, before closing it quietly.
"What's wrong?" Harry whispered.
"I need to get something from the cellar, but you can't tell anyone about it, you promise?" Tested Jenny.
"I promise".
Jenny took Harry's hand, and disapparated on the spot.

When they arrived at their destination, Harry covered his mouth, looking faint.
"You couldv'e warned me" he moaned.
"Sorry. But we don't have much time, I'm getting married soon" replied Jenny.
Harry looked around a room he had never seen before, and tried to get his bearings, but found no door, which he found usettling.
"Where are we? Where is the door?" Harry questioned.
"This is no door. The only way in or out, is apparation" explained Jenny.
She made her way over to a brick in the wall, that looked no different to any of the others. But she placed her hand on it, causing the wall to shake. The bricks all moved to the side, revealing a large empty doorway.
"We are in the cellar beneath the Manor. Officially this place doesn't exist. You won't find it on any house plan, or map. It is a complete secret" continued Jenny.

Taking a step towards the archway, Jenny gestured for Harry to follow. Nervously, Harry followed his aunt through the archway.
Once he had stepped inside, the doorway closed, leaving them in darkness. Harry placed his hand into his pocket, but Jenny stopped him, guessing what he planned to do.
"Don't! You can't use any magic in this room" she explained.
A second later, a light appeared at the end of the room, lighting up the space. Harry's jaw dropped as he stared opon a mountain of jewels in open boxes.
"When I said that our family was rich, that was an understatement. All this has been in our family for generations. It is kept here, and not in Gringotts, for its safety. Nobody outside the family is to know about this" continued Jenny.

Harry began to explore the room, staring at the amount of wealth in that room alone, not counting the money in his and Jenny's banks at Gringotts.
"There must be millions of Galleons worth in here" guessed Harry.
Jenny shrugged. "I've no idea how much all this is worth to be honest".
"Does Charlie know about this?"
"Most Potters do tell their partners once they're married. But I have no intention of telling Charlie. Not because I don't trust him. But because he comes from a poor family, and I don't want to make him feel bad"
"How long have you known about all this?"
"I always knew we had hidden gems somewhere. But I wasn't shown this place until after my 11th birthday".

"Wow! I wonder what Sirius and Lupin thought of all this" said Harry smiling.
Jenny shook her head. "They never knew. I don't think you understand how much of a secret this is... Sirius was like my brother, he even lived here for a year, but he never found out about this place".
Harry frowned. "The Marauders never found out?".
"No. Only a Potter can enter this room. No one else could get through the doorway, they would get repelled by magic if they tried. I doubt anyone would get that far anyway, as only Potters can apparate inside the Potter Manor.
This room is a family secret, and one you must keep forever. You cannot tell anyone about this, not Ron or Hermione, not even Ginny... until you marry her. Those are the rules Harry.
You will not find this room on any will or testament. It can never be left to anyone, even if they are a Potter. It is a secret that only we know about, even the Ministry don't know about this" Jenny revealed.

"It's incredible" admitted Harry.
Jenny finally smiled. "Yes, it is".
While Harry continued to look around, Jenny made her way to the jewelry that she intended to wear that day. She delicately picked up a silver tiara, and placed it gently into her hair.
Moving on, Jenny reached a selection of necklaces, and chose a silver necklace, with a P in the centre, to match the tiara.
Harry appeared at her side and wolf whistled.
Jenny laughed. "The P on this necklace doesn't actually stand for Potter you know. It used to belong to the Peverall family, who we a distantly related to".
"Ignotus Peverall. The third brother" muttered Harry.
"Yes. I didn't know you were so well aquainted with our family history"
"I only found out recently".

"We had better get back" sighed Jenny.
"Yeah. You don't want to be late to your own wedding" replied Harry, as he headed back towards the wall of bricks.
"A Potter is never late. Everyone else is simply early" joked Jenny, placing her hand onto another brick, opening the wall.
The pair stepped outside, and the wall closed behind them, leaving them back in the plain square room.
Jenny held out her arm, this time Harry was ready to disapparate. When they appeared back in the bedroom, Jenny checked her appearance in the mirror, once last time.

"I can see why you don't want to become a Weasley" said Harry, straightening his tie beside Jenny.
"It's not that I don't want to become a Weasley. I just don't want to lose myself, by not being a Potter anymore. I have many reasons for keeping my surname. Being a Potter, connects me to my family history, and I don't want to lose that part of me" explained Jenny.
"You wouldn't be able to work the old magic here, if you were a Weasley"
"I was born a Potter, and that will never change... But just to make sure, I am keeping my name"
"I see. So, are you ready to get married Jenny?".
Sighing deeply, Jenny took hold of Harry's outstretched arm, allowing him to escort her to her soon-to-be-husband.