A Happy Birthday

On the 31st of July, Harry turned 18. He was going to have his party in Grimmauld Place, but after seeing how fragile his aunt was, he decided to have his party at the Burrow instead. He didn't think that it would be good for her to spend a lot of time in Sirius's old home.
Molly was happy to host the party, and work out all the arrangements. So Harry left it all up to her.
"Come on Charlie, if you don't hurry up, we are going to be late" shouted Jenny.
She was wearing a beautiful floor length, gold strapless dress, and was ready to leave. But Charlie was still getting ready.
Jenny was pacing along the hallway on the ground floor, and trying to patient, which was something she was not very good at.
Eventually she gave up, and ran up the stairs, to see what was taking Charlie so long.

She found him standing in front of the mirror, looking uncomfortable in a light blue shirt, a red tie and black trousers.
"You don't have to dress up so smart you know. We aren't going to a fashion show" commented Jenny.
"You can talk. I can hardly walk in wearing jeans and a t-shirt, when you look like that" replied Charlie, pointing at Jenny.
"Honestly Charlie, I don't want you to be uncomfy. You should wear something that you want to wear. Besides, it's a really hot day, you don't want to overheat".
Charlie fiddled with his tight collar, and Jenny sighed. She walked over to his closet, and began to look for something else that he could wear.

She picked out a pair of red shorts, and a white t-shirt.
"Are you sure I look smart enough?" Questioned Charlie, once he had the new outfit on.
Jenny nodded. "White is a smart colour. But I really don't think Harry will care what you are wearing. He's not the most fashion conscious person".
"It's not Harry I'm worried about. It's my mother, you know what she's like"
"I don't think she would kick you out, for not looking smart enough. Besides, if I think you look nice, then so will she, trust me"
"Fine. I trust you. Are you ready to go?"
"Oh I'm ready. I was just waiting for you".
Jenny smiled, took hold of Charlie's hand, and apparated to the Burrow.

They were greated by Ginny, who came running out to meet them.
"Thank Merlin you're here. Mum's being going mad, trying to organise everything. She's almost as bad as she was at Bill's wedding" complained Ginny.
"Hi Ginny. I hope she didn't go to too much trouble, Harry will feel guilty if she did" replied Jenny.
"You know what mum's like. She doesn't do things half-hearted"
"I know. Is Harry already here?"
"No, not yet. She told him to come at about 12oclock, and she told everyone else to come at 11oclock. So that everyone is already here when Harry arrives, which will be a nice surprise"
"Who else is coming?"
'Um; Hagrid, Professor McGonagall, Bill and Fleur... George isn't coming, he said that he needed to be at work today. The same with Percy, although he might be here this evening, unfortunately".

Ginny led Jenny outside, into the back-garden, where a large marquee had been set up, so that everyone could eat outside.
"So you still haven't forgiven Percy?" Questioned Jenny.
Ginny sighed. "Mum and dad have. But me and Ron are still angry at him".
"Well he does deserve it. After everything he put your parents through, I'm surprised they forgave him so quickly"
"Oh, they forgave him the second he arrived at Hogwarts, and said sorry. I don't hate him any more, but it's going to take me a bit longer to forgive him".

"Ah Jenny, Charlie, there you are" said Molly, when she spotted them approaching.
"Hi Molly" replied Jenny as Molly embraced her.
She then turned and hugged Charlie.
"Hello mum" muttered Charlie.
"Hello you two. So good to see you both. I can't believe Harry is 18 already. And it'll be you birthday soon won't it Jenny?" replied Molly.
"Eugh, don't remind me" said Jenny.
"Which date was it?"
"7th of August. I don't have any plans. Me and Charlie will probably just stay at home"
"That's what you think" interupted Charlie.
Jenny turned to him and frowned, "Don't tell me that you have planned something".
"I'm not telling you, because I want it to be a surprise"
"I don't like surprises"
"You'll like this one"
"I don't think turning 35 is something I really want to celebrate. I don't like getting old"
"You're not old. And you don't look 35, trust me"
"Thanks, I think".

Jenny felt uncomfortable socialing, so she made her way over to the person she had known the longest, who was standing in the corner, alone.
"Hello Minerva" said Jenny.
"Jenny, so good to see you" replied McGonagall.
"How have you been?"
"I'm good, thank you. And I've managed to fill in the missing teacher posts"
"That's good"
"Yes. Professor Bert Siggle, is an older man, and he will be the new muggle studies teacher. Professor Alec Wilde however, is very young for a teacher, even younger than you, he's only 30. And he will take my place as Transfiguration teacher"
"Well, I look forward to meeting them"
"Good. And don't forget to come to Hogwarts a day early, for a staff meeting, on the 31st of August"
"I was going to come in early anyway, to get a feel for the place, and find my way around"
"Oh yes, good idea. Feel free to come as earlier as you want. You can get used to your new room, and learn where everything is".

Harry was pleasantly surprised when he arrived, and saw all his friends and family, waiting to great him.
"Did you know about all this?" Harry asked Jenny.
She smiled secretively. "I knew some things".
"Great, so everyone knew, except me"
"Pretty much. Anyway, Happy birthday Harry"
"Thanks Jenny".
She handed him his present, which he began to open eagily. The first thing he came accross, was a framed newspaper cutting, about Harry's defeat of Voldemort.
"I thought you could hang it on your wall. So that you're reminded every day, that you a hero" explained Jenny.
Harry smiled, and carried on unwrapping his present. He then found the largest box of chocolates he had ever seen.
"Don't eat them all at once" continued Jenny.
"I won't. Thank you Jenny" replied Harry.
"You're welcome".

"Have you decided on a date for you're wedding yet?" Asked Harry.
Jenny looked over at Charlie, who was in deep conversation with his brother Bill.
"Yes. We are going to get married on December the 28th. In between Christmas and New Year" she answered.
"Sounds good. Are you having it here?"
"I wanted to have a small service, with only our immidiate family. But apparently that's not how the Weasley's do things. Molly wanted to have it here, but I didn't want it to be the same as Bill and Fleur's wedding. So we are going to have it at home, in the grounds out the back"
"Well it makes sense to use the Potter Manor. The garden's are very large afterall"
"Yes, that's what I thought. And if I have it at home, then James and my parents can be there with me"
"They are always with you Jenny"
"I know... You are still going to walk me down the aisle right"
"Of course I am"
"Good"
"You look beautiful today Jenny"
"Thank you Harry. You don't look too shabby yourself".

Harry laughed, and turned away, leaving Jenny alone, so that he could interact with some of his other friends. Realising that she was alone, Charlie made his excuses to leave his conversation. And made his way over to her, to keep her comfy.
"Are you O.K?" He asked.
"You know what. I am actually. I feel happier than I have felt in a long time" replied Jenny.
"Well that is good"
"Yes. Yes, it is".