3. moans

The doorbell rang and Ree rushed to open it to her best friend.

“Ree! I missed you so much!” Adriana says extending her arms and engulfing Ree in a tight embrace.

“Addy I can’t breathe!” Ree says and Adriana lets go walking into her best friend’s old apartment.

Ree’s apartment could be old but it was perfectly decorated and looked cozy and inviting.

“Let me see the boy!” Adriana grins dropping her bag to the floor and clapping her hands excitedly.

“Who?” Ree raises her eyebrows.

“The boy that made a hole in your wall!” Adriana sighs letting her hands fall lifeless to her sides.

“Oh,” Ree rolls her eyes at the thought of Luke. “I don’t even know if he’s home. But you can check if you want.” Ree walks to her bedroom and Adriana follows her closely behind excited to meet the boy that made a hole in Ree’s wall.  “His name his Luke.” Ree informs Adriana and she moves closer to the Green Day poster.

“Luke!” Adriana screams so loudly making Ree thought that if this was a bad movie the old building would’ve shake.

“What?” A male voice screams back clearly annoyed.

“Can you take the poster off for a few minutes? I want to meet him properly had give him a speech to not peek when you are getting undressed.”  Ree rolls her eyes at Adriana and starts removing the poster placing it on her bed.

Adriana looks to the hole and clears her throat to get Luke’s attention. He gets up from the bed and walks closer to the hole.

“Hi, I am Adriana.” Addy sticks her hand for Luke to shake and he takes his hand out of his pocket shaking Adriana’s hand.

“Luke,” He introduces and Adriana’s eyes scan him from head to toe.

“He is totally a nine Ree!” Adriana exclaims.

“I am a ten!” Luke says offended.

“Nah Ree, you’re right that just dropped him to an eight.” Adriana sighs and Ree nods agreeing. “Cocky guys are such a turn off.”

“I am not cocky! I am realistic.” Luke smirks at this was Adriana’s turn to roll her eyes.

“Sure you are. Let me put the poster again.” Adriana walks to the bed and grabs the Green Day poster kissing Billie Joe’s cheek and putting it over the hole.

Ree’s phone starts ringing and she looks at the caller ID groaning Adriana looks at her already knowing who is calling and takes the phone out of Ree’s hands answering the unwanted call.

“Hello George.” Adriana says to the phone. “Yes, she’s here.” She continues looking at Ree that is running her hand through her hair. “Look you prick, if you call her one more time I will kick your ass and go to the police to ask for a restraining order.” Adriana could be a girl but she was a tough one even though she didn’t look like one. Adriana kicked one of Ree’s boyfriend ass back at high school because she found out he was cheating on Ree. Adriana handed the phone to Ree smiling proudly. “I don’t think he will call you again.” She says and Ree smiles thanking her best friend. “Let’s order the pizza.” Adriana happily says grabbing her phone and dialing the pizza parlor’s number that she already knew even backwards.

“I feel uncomfortable because Luke is hearing everything we’re saying.” Ree mumbles and there is a chuckle from the other side of the wall.

“Don’t worry unhuman-person-that-doesn’t-like-Green-Day, I am going out.” Luke says and Ree rolls her eyes at Luke’s stubbornness not forgetting the Green Day thing. “Bye.” Luke says not getting a goodbye from any of the girls that were looking for a good a movie on Netflix.

Adriana finds a movie that she adores and shushes Ree’s complains about how she already made her watch that movie a thousand times.

The movie Adriana would always chooses is “Click.” the one with Adam Sandler, Adriana has a huge obsession with him; the best actor from all time her words.

“Addy please! I’ve watched this movie a thousand times because of you!” Ree continues to try to persuade Adriana from watching that movie, the doorbell rings interrupting Ree’s complains signaling that the pizza arrived.

Adriana grabs money from her wallet offering to pay and walks to the door leaving Ree alone complaining about how stupid the movie was even thought she liked it, the first times she saw it! But when you watch the same movie several times it gets boring.

Adriana comes back to the room carrying a large pizza box at places it on the bed opening it and taking one slice.

“Let’s start watching the movie, shall we?” She smirks and Ree rolls her eyes grabbing a slice of pizza as well and she presses play.

By the time Adam Sandler supposedly dies (he doesn’t really die because then times goes back) there was no more pizza and Adriana was crying like a baby. She watched this movie more times than Ree did but she always, always cried at this part. 

When he hands the napkin from their first date to his ex-wife where she wrote “will you still love me tomorrow?” before their first kiss Adriana was sobbing as usual and Ree was trying to fight back a laugh because it became amusing seeing her best friend crying because of a movie she already watched a thousand time.

The movie was near the end when we heard a door closing and the sound of kisses from the other side of the wall.

Ree looks at Adriana and her eyes are wide already looking at her. “What the hell?” Ree says only moving her lips and they stayed as quiet as possible turning the laptop sound lower.

“Luke babe why is there a hole on your wall?” A girly high pitched voice says from the other sound of the wall and the two girls try their best not to laugh.

“Ignore it Amber.” Luke mumbles and the kissing sounds come.

“My name is Abigail.” The girly voice mumbles sounding quite offended  but the kissing sounds continue and Ree wonders if this girl has some self dignity, of course she doesn’t she is on her way to third base with a guy that doesn’t even know her name

Ree returns her attention to the movie that Adriana had stopped to listen as well but she clicks the play bottom and they return to watch the movie.

“Luke, faster!” A high pitched moan comes from the other side of the wall and Ree chuckles silently.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Adriana says a little bit too loud.

“What was that?” The same girly voice, Abigail, says sounding surprised.

“Nothing.” Luke mumbles and Adriana covers her mouth with her hand to prevent a laugh to escape her lips.

Adriana and Ree try their best to ignore the moans coming from the other side of the wall, all of them coming from the girl; Adriana turns her laptop off when the movie ends and both of the girls dress her pajamas silently and get under the covers.

Let’s just say the next minutes were filled with girly moans from the other side of the wall. 

-

I love this so much.

Adriana is such a good friend.

what are you guys thinking of the book so far?

-kourt