8. bread?

follow me on twitter and let’s be friends pls @1975CTHOOD

8. bread?

Ree wakes up and rolls to her side as she always does every morning but her body hits something. She opens her eyes slowly and founds Luke on her bed, the events from the night before run through her mind and she feels like throwing herself off a cliff.

Ree untangles herself from Luke and grabs her phone quickly typing a message to Adriana.

to: bae

emergency. red code.

After typing the message she leaves her apartment, still dressed in her pajamas, and walks to the coffee where she and Adriana always meet. She doesn't lock her apartment in case that Luke wants to leave, which she hopefully expects that he leaves before she gets to her apartment again.

As she enters the coffee, receiving weird looks from the people because who goes in a coffee with pajamas and a very, very messy hair? Only Ree.

She sits on her usual booth, ordering the same as always, and slowly sips her drink as she waits for Adriana.

After a few minutes, what it felt like hours for Ree, Adriana enters the coffee not looking much better than Ree; her hair was tied up in a rushed pony tail and she was still wearing her pajamas shir (with ponies, I may add) and skinny jeans.

"You look awful." Adriana frowns sitting in front of Ree.

"Thanks. You don't look much better yourself." Ree chuckles pointing at Adriana's shirt.

"You can't just announce red code out of nowhere! It has to be something big."

"Oh, believe me, it is." Ree fake laughs and buries her head in her hands.

"Spill it out."

"Luke and I kissed then he stayed over and we kinda cuddled? I don't know! It was weird, he was being weird." Ree rambles and Adriana's eyes widen and she almost spills her drink -Ree's drink.

“What?” Adriana screams adverting more attention from the people at the small coffee. It’s not every day that you see two teenage girls in her pajamas and messy hair drinking coffee at 9:30AM. “How did he even end up at your place?!”

After explaining the whole story to Adriana with all the details Ree is nervously running her hand through her hair.

“Oh my, what if he likes you?” Adriana exclaims after a few minutes of silence.

“No! That’s absurd, Luke doesn’t like me. Luke likes sex, and boobs.” Ree rolls her eyes.

“Then why would he do what he did? It’s the only explanation.” Adriana sighs and sips Ree’s drink again.

“What if – God Addy, get your own drink – what if he’s only using me to get closer to my dad?” Ree asks, it had been one week since the dinner and Ree’s father still didn’t say his decision to the boys.

“I mean, it’s a possibility but I don’t think Luke would do that, that’s mean.” Adriana frowns.

“We don’t know him very well, Addy.”

“I think we know him well enough to know he’s not that kind of person!” Adriana throws her head back in annoyance.

“There’s no other explanation!” Ree says louder.

“Maybe he likes you, dumbass!”

“Luke only likes sex and boobs! And Green Day!”

“Stop screaming at me, Ree!”

“Stop saying he likes me!” Ree screams back and Adriana rolls her eyes.

“If you don’t want to hear my opinion, don’t ask me for help.” Adriana mumbles and the both of them stay silent for a good two minutes.

“I’m sorry.” They blurt at the same time and smile.

“I’m just confused.” Ree sighs and buried her hand in her hands.

“Let’s just talk about something else.” Adriana smiles at her and starts talking about Calum.

About half an hour later Ree discovered that Addy and Calum have been talking much more since the dinner and that Adriana thinks that she may be starting to develop some feelings from him.

“I should go home.” Ree says and Adriana nods getting up.

“I’ll text you later.” Adriana says as they part ways when they exit the coffee after Ree paying for her drink.

Ree enters her building and as the elevator goes up she silently prays that Luke is already out of her apartment.

When the elevator doors open she exits and sees Luke unlocking his apartment door, Ree looks around for a place to hide she thinks about the tall plant on the hall but Luke would see her.

“Hi.” Luke’s voice snaps her out of her thoughts. “Where did you go in your pajamas?” He chuckles looking at her but then looks at the ground.

“Um, I went to get some bread. I didn’t have any.” Ree answers and mentally claps herself for the brilliant lie.

“Then where’s the bread?” Luke fights back the urge to laugh at Ree’s expression when she realizes that her lie wasn’t that perfect.

“I ate it on my way back?” Ree says sounding more like a question.

“Oh, did you?” He smirks and Ree nods.

Luke walks closer to her until their chest are touching, Ree wants to back away from him, run to her apartment and hide herself under the bed but she just can’t move.

Luke leans his head down and his eyes flutter shut as well as Ree’s, Luke’s lips touch Ree’s cheek and stay there for a while.

“Have a nice day, Ree.” He whispers before backing and walking to his apartment closing the door behind him.

Ree stays still in the hall for a few seconds with her eyes closed, when she finally opens her eyes she quickly starts typing on her phone.

to: bae

what the fuck is this boy doing to me?

-

should it be #lee or #ruke idk I like both

thank you for all the reads, votes and comments I love you all x

lots of love x

-kourt the mermaid (lol i wish)